ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to tell if its a cup?

Hi, i currently have a 16v 106 xsi but am looking at buying a 172. i believe when you buy a 172 from new you could buy a std 172 and have the cup package on top. i want a normal 172 so i have leather interior but how can you tell if it has the cup package added?
Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
'Cup package' was not available on the 172, you either buy a cup or a normal 172.

A 182 came in normal form, cup form, and normal with cup package.

I can't really be arsed to explain any more. Do a search and there are hundreds of people asking the same question.

cock mobile.
As above.

On a 172 the Cup mostly came in Mondial Blue, and some come in silver (quite rare).

And the easiest way to tell if it's a cup is it has shite interior.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
cups are blue with multispoke turinis on and they have no rear headrests.
some do come with air con but most wont.

they also wont have headlight washers cos they dont have xenons.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
172 cup

DSC01134.jpg

Mondial blue paint. Speedline turini alloys, enlarged boot spoiler and front bumper spoiler. The best looking by a mile ;)

i have to agree, i love those wheels! i think the cup would suit me best as i prefer performance but its a shame thay have crap interior!lol

on the look out
pukka seats . when me and my misses where looking for our cup we went to stealers and looked at a 182 with them seats i just fell in love with them . im so happy with my cup at present love the drive and just about everything but me & the misses are looking to purchase some seats at a later date . very nice indeed ;)

Black-Gold 182
Get a 182, why have you got your heart set on a 172?
Obviosly it's up to you, but Im getting a 182 cup full fat - which basically means it's a cup (which is good) and it has all the added extras (which is also good)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Get a 182, why have you got your heart set on a 172?
Obviosly it's up to you, but Im getting a 182 cup full fat - which basically means it's a cup (which is good) and it has all the added extras (which is also good)

trust me they dont feel the same, i had a cup for nearly three years...... now got a 182 cup packed. It aint as quick

fact.

Mondeo TDCI 130
fastest paint colour ;)

i see my car! you tell them gaz, but ffs dont buy a cup, because it hasnt got abs, so if you should go it in the rain you will most certainly crash and burn......... apparently, funny that, cos im still here!!:cool:

Black-Gold 182
really? but to be honest the car's really quick for me anyway - if it's a bit slower with the extras I really won't mind

Mondeo TDCI 130
really? but to be honest the car's really quick for me anyway - if it's a bit slower with the extras I really won't mind

after driving them both i couldnt believe the difference, the 182 didnt feel as alive (it was a 182 cup), the 172 just feels like it wants to bite you constantly!
even thought there both mint value for money, just depends how much you like your luxurys etc!

172 Cup
ahuh im with gt_gaz- i had a 172FF and hated it, however my cup i love. Please dont get another 172FF/182FF and turn it into a cup wannabe.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

after driving them both i couldnt believe the difference, the 182 didnt feel as alive (it was a 182 cup), the 172 just feels like it wants to bite you constantly!
even thought there both mint value for money, just depends how much you like your luxurys etc!

tis true. My 182 felt flat as f**k when i got it a few months ago. They seem to be milage dependant on how they run. I've given my 182 a right pasting, stuck nearly 4k on it, (NOW @ 24K) I can already tell its running better. Pick up is deffo improved ;)

Decat should help too, i'll give yoz a ring :)

Mondeo TDCI 130

tis true. My 182 felt flat as f**k when i got it a few months ago. They seem to be milage dependant on how they run. I've given my 182 a right pasting, stuck nearly 4k on it, (NOW @ 24K) I can already tell its running better. Pick up is deffo improved ;)

Decat should help too, i'll give yoz a ring :)

dont do to many miles, it will want a cambelt soner!:dead:

PS you have txt!

Black-Gold 182
gt gaz - i want a 182 cup ff. Are they two different cars? I thought the liquid yellow (which is what i want) was a cup with all the added extras hence making it ff???

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No you want a liquid yellow 182 cup packed. A 182 cup has jipo interior, no xenon headlights, climate control etc

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
no. 182 cups only come in racing blue and inferno orange.

Black-Gold 182
oh ok that explains why there's so many blue 182s around. so basically if i want a liquid yellow cup packed - it LOOKS like a cup but it's not an actual cup?

Da

Less
oh ok that explains why there's so many blue 182s around. so basically if i want a liquid yellow cup packed - it LOOKS like a cup but it's not an actual cup?

things are getting complicated... :rasp:

So many blue 182's will almost certainly refer to the Artic Blue, not Racing Blue which is the colour Cup's were available in.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

It has cup suspension (the same). Has more toys than a 182 cup, with xenon headlights, climate control, leather interior etc etc

Da

Less
FYI there are only 9 LY 182's without the Cup options out of 73 registrations so chances are the car you buy will have the Cup options.

An orange one
agree on the 172 cup feeling like a total different animal..

I used to own a 172cup and now my mum drives a cup packed 182...just doesnt feel as alive..steering is heavier and not as "alive" and the car doesnt have the same delicate handling and also feels slightly more sluggish than the old cup...prob due to extra weight though..