ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How true is this review

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by papa? on 16 October 2003

Is this a fair description? Ive heard that the handling wasnt as sharp as some earlier Clios...
The 306 GTi-6 (& Rallye) is a superb handling car!

I know - the prices are coming down too... one day! ;)

Was just wondering about the mixed review for the 172 - they dont seem too happy about the handling and steering :confused:

I still cant get over how slow the GTi-6s were at York weekend before last. I also had a run in with a Rallye in my MK2 which was pretty close. I like the Rallye, but wouldnt bother with the GTi-6.

With regards to the handling, theyre reviewing the MK1, which doesnt have handling as sharp as the earlier Clios thanks to Renault fitting stilts instead of springs (cheers Renault!). The handling was improved on a bit for the mk2 (stiffer roll bars at front I think) and then further with the Cup. Whack some lowering springs on a MK1 and itll be just fine.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye the mk2 had suspensions revisions done to it, but nothing major, as said above a new set of springs would sort you out.