ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HP Compaq dc5750 Help

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just "borrowed" an HP Compaq dc5750 small form factor desktop from work.

I know its pretty rubbish but I just want it for doing cctv with, it will replace my even older one which I currently use.

as this is a work pc it will be the most basic spec money could buy, sadly the cpu had a block of ally glued to it so couldn't actually see what it was.

I want to plug one IP camera in via Ethernet and then use another via wifi.

so could anyone recommend a wifi card and some form the graphics card that would fit this machine? the slots at the back aren't normal full size?
is there anyway to get the quality of video this displays on a screen to be decent quality if that makes sense. I know it wont do 4k but maybe 720p??

DSC_0381_zpsr5vk8ndt.jpg

DSC_0378_zps520ws4rc.jpg

DSC_0379_zps6w7tlm0j.jpg

memory which ill upgrade

DSC_0380_zpspcwnpncs.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
You could buy a small 8 port switch for the price of a wireless card and do all your connections via Ethernet. Also, that is a PCI-E slot (the black one), you wont need anything too fancy to render two cameras at 720p.

We use one of these in a machine at work to run two IP cams.

http://www.ebuyer.com/661553-zotac-gt-720-2gb-ddr3-vga-dual-link-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-zt-71201-20l

due to the location of one camera its a million times easier to just use wifi, otherwise I would plug it in.

so does that card require any minimum spec to run, cos this pc currently wont meet it.

with regards to the internal photos, you have 2x white slots and 1x black slot, they are different. whats what?

The white ones are PCI, which are used for less demanding purposes, as they have slower data transfer rates, stuff like USB cards, sound cards etc.

PCI-Express has a much higher data rate so is suited to GFX cards.

Will the camera be connected to a router / access point or directly to the wireless card of the PC?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok thanks, so I could put wifi in white ones? or would usb wifi be best?

errr directly to wifi card in pc, I don't want the computer to be connected to the web in anyway
The white ones are PCI, which are used for less demanding purposes, as they have slower data transfer rates, stuff like USB cards, sound cards etc.

PCI-Express has a much higher data rate so is suited to GFX cards.

Will the camera be connected to a router / access point or directly to the wireless card of the PC?