ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HP Web OS devices.

Clio
Ah cool! I was hoping you had found some for sale somewhere

You are out of luck. The remaining UK stock went to a certain mobile phone company to as a promotional gift for purchases of the new Palm Pre. then 6000 were retained for UK employees.

clio
Yes . Easy just follow the instructions . suggest you check the issues long to see if you are happy first.

clio
Better than webos imo already.. its the availability of apps that makes it. still a few annoyances like battery drain and randomly turning off .

But flash now works properly.
The browser is better
Plenty of videos on line demoing it

SLK 350
You can see the Google code issue list, battery drain has already been fixed for release in Alpha 2.

For the full Market you'll need to install the market fix, otherwise many of the apps will be filtered.

HP released WebOS 3.0.4 yesterday too, lots of great changes and worth an update. If you've flashed Cyanogen you'll need to reflash it after the update. The other caveats are that OCing and a few Preware apps are broken... oh and uninstall any 3rd party Kernel before flashing to be safe.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Anyone around the Cannock/Stafford area got one of these? Wanting to see if it's as good to use as others, ie iPad 2 etc...

Sell me your 197
no its not as good if you compare them together straight, but it's heaps better if you factor in the prices

i have an ipad tho so i might be biased

2014 Clio 200t edc
I'm considering selling my iPad and getting one, flash, quicker processor and better camera are swaying me towards doing so..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Faster processor is irrelevant as webOS isnt anywhere near as efficient as iOS. The A5 destroys the APQ8060
Flash is dead and if you take pictures with an tablet you should be shot.

Dont get me wrong for £100 the touchpad is unbeatable, but if you think its a worthy replacement for an iPad, you are wrong.

Sell me your 197
depends what you use the ipad for IMO. if you only surf the web, look at youtube and send a few emails, i'd say the touchpad is a worthy replacement simply because it'll do the same stuff, and you get 300 quid back thru ipad sale. it's fair to say that the ipad does x, y and z better, but if you don't use those features then who cares