ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HT Lead Replacement

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All

Stupid question I'm sure... wanting to replace my HT leads with some magnacore ones as I'm having a very lumpy idle and some limp mode issues. I've replaced the spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body out completely so hopefully this will fix it. Problem is, if I pull up on the HT leads (coilpack side) they seem extremely tight, how are these removed exactly? I really don't want to break it and end up not having a car!

Thanks a lot
Rhys

What Clio do you have? Sport/Non Sport. Iirc my old non sport the leads/coilpack were all one, so you couldnt just replace the leads as they were attached to the coilpack and you couldn't seperate them..

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Sorry, it's a 172 Cup... I must have had a really weak day as I just replaced the leads successfully!

Hasn't fixed my problems- seems to be elsewhere. Having a strange idle problem where it seems to bounce around and never just idle at ~900rpm.