ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Desire vs iPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S @ techradar

Mini Cooper S sport
Good and fair comparison IMO. Glad to see the Desire came out top. I do think the iPhone 4 looks awesome, but I still think I picked the right phone (eventually).

I think the camera comparison was slightly unfair though, the Desire takes far better photos than my X10 ever did, and that was 8mp. Every photo came out blurry with that, but the Desire photos are great.

1.5dci
Those who said earlier in the thread they were picking up a Galaxy S soon, how is it?

I'm about 4 hours away from just clicking to buy that one, instead of getting the desire for £50 less, am I right, know loads of people with a desire saying i should get that instead, but no-one with a galaxy S to stick up for it

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Those who said earlier in the thread they were picking up a Galaxy S soon, how is it?

I'm about 4 hours away from just clicking to buy that one, instead of getting the desire for £50 less, am I right, know loads of people with a desire saying i should get that instead, but no-one with a galaxy S to stick up for it

Get the desire. It's the best android phone out

1.5dci
Get the desire. It's the best android phone out

yea, i just keep trying to decide what wrong with the galaxy and not finding anything that wrong, apart from not being sure what the software overlay is like

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I didnt like the samsung s. their own overlay s pants and the battery life was seriously crap. on the plus side the screen was amazy

1.5dci
ah kwl, well might go for the desire if they are back in stock before i need to renew, feel like it'll be disappointed when the desire HD come out as the desire will already be old after only a couple months, unless i then sell the desire i guess

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had the Galaxy S since wednesday and it is a good phone BUT the battery is f**king terrible on it. Just playing and looking at apps yesterday in work killed it. Its been on charge 2 times in 3 days and its running low again now. I've still got a week and a bit to decide if i will keep it.

The screen is amazing. The camera however, is not. Taking photo's of my dad's dogs earlier and they came out pretty poor, although the vid cam is pretty sweet- 30fps HD.

Still not convinced i've got the right phone but from what i hear the I-phone batteries are just as bad.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Give it time, my battery has improved over the 2 weeks I have owned it. Just try and let it run down fully the first few times, and after that keep it off charge unless 10%.

There are also battery management apps which will manage your power hungry features like wifi and 3G when not in use. Task manager is also worth having, clear your unused tasks every hour.

Iv got the desire BTW

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
which app did you go for? I've just done a quick search and a lot of them have got negative comments. Did you pay for one or go for a freebie?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I use Advanced Task Killer and also JuiceDefender. The best battery info app is called BatteryMinder too, really useful. All free!

Its important to not have loads of apps running in the BG when no in use, so the advanced task manager can monitor them and auto close apps when they arent being used. You can set it all up etc.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, i'll get them now.

I never keep apps open if i'm not using them anyway. When my battery got to minimal power it brought up a screen with what was using what and it said the background screen was using 71%!

Hopefully my battery will get better with time then as i really like the phone!

Cheers bud

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
No prob mate!

Turn off the live wallpaper too if possible, that uses more battery! Looks nice though lol!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i took the live background off straight away but the standard pictured seem to use alot too.
That juice defender looks a bit confusing tbh. Running the setup again to put back some of the c**k-ups i may have just done!