ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Hero, HTC Touch or...(no surprise!) the iPhone?

Mito Sportiva 135
As per title. Was looking at the Hero but the Tatoo is coming out. Is this the replacement does anyone know? To my eyes it doesn't look as nice, and changeable covers is a bit old school! Has anyone tried the internet browsing on either phone as that is a bit decider for me.

Or do I pay a bit more and go for the iPhone...??

Mito Sportiva 135
Have you seen the Hero at all, if so what you think compared to the Tatoo? I like the iPhone, just not sure I want to pay for it as most the extras on there aren't important...although the browsing is wicked and having the mp3 functionality would cut down the amount of devices I use.

Hmmm....

Any more input?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Bowsing will be sweet on both. I have the HTC HD and browsing is very good on that.

I dont think there much in it tbh, i like Google Android. The Hero is a good phone,i think it has a better camera. Android has an app store but not as cool as Apples

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm on Orange, reluctant to change networks if I don't have to.

Is the Tatoo better than the Hero though, or just a different model? I can't seem to find out?

Well if the browsing on the HTC is good then it's still worth considering. Anyone know hat the batteries are like too? That is another thing putting me off the iPhone.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I think the Tattoo is the Hero but just in different casing. They did the same with the HD and the Diamond, same phone but diff case.

Im waiting for the Iphone on Orange. HTC products are really good to use, but when your bored or sitting on the bogi would prefer an Iphone.

Iphones are more fun, also Smart Phones are not so SMart ,sometimes they can get a tad buggy etc.

172 Cup
I've got the HTC Hero - great phone with a great OS.

I was considering the iphone or the HTC Hero and went with the HTC Hero purely because I could use tethering, contract was better and it was cheaper overall.

I've never looked back since having the HTC Hero and I think that its a great phone.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Having a similar dilemma. Due for an upgrade and having had a look the 3G S and its HTC equivalents all seem decent bits of kit.

Just need to decide what to do contract wise as O2 now seem to offer f**k all choice since they apparently decided to place all of their eggs in the iphone basket :rolleyes:

*Stupid question perhaps, but can anyone advise if you could connect and run the RS Tuner on either of apple or htc OS?

DMS

A thirsty 172
A colleague of mine has had a Touch HD for a couple of months now but ever since I've had my 3GS 32GB he's been harping on about how much better the iPhone is. He actually thinks it's so much better than the HD that he's saving up to buy a SIM free one.
Know another guy with a Hero, and although he also thinks the iPhone is a lot better he doesn't think it's worth the extra outlay for the extra features.

All comes down to what you like IMO, but I certainly think the 3GS is still the best all round phone out there at the moment. Apple got the iPhone spot on and by the looks of things the future models will only get better.

The iPhone Nano will probably be a viable alternative if it actually gets released due to the inevitable lower price.

Mito Sportiva 135
That's what I thought...iPhone is marginally the best, but costs a lot more.

Still not made my mind up yet lol.

2014 Focus Titanium
My brother in law has just bought the HTC Touch Pro 2 (basically same as the HD) and yes the screen is fantastic but it just doesn't get anywhere near my iPhone 3GS. I've had 2 HTCs myself, the Touch Cruise and the Diamond, none of these have been comparable to iPhone!

This is no joke - my iPhone loads up websites quicker with a none-3G connection quicker then both of my old HTC's did with 3G connection. With a full 3G connection it loads up web pages quicker than the HTCs did on Wifi!

I've got the HTC Hero - great phone with a great OS.

I was considering the iphone or the HTC Hero and went with the HTC Hero purely because I could use tethering, contract was better and it was cheaper overall.

I've never looked back since having the HTC Hero and I think that its a great phone.

+1
get one with the htc sense ui which i think the tattoo has. its just prettier than the normal android.

whats tethering?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
+1
get one with the htc sense ui which i think the tattoo has. its just prettier than the normal android.

whats tethering?

Its where you connect the phone to a laptop/computer via bluetooth and basically use the phones connection to surf the internet on the computer/laptop

so its useful if you're out and about and need to e-mail a document for example

Mito Sportiva 135
Just to add to the conufusion, seen the n97 mini now...it's not easy to choose these days is it??

Titanium Clio 182
Nokia 5800 FTW.
Everything the I-phone has, only it had it from day one. Picture messaging, 3G etc....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL @ the guess work in this.

The Tattoo is a budget version of the Hero.
It has a RESISTIVE touch screen which is very very bad.

Hero is still the best. (Obviously the iPhone is better)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
had an iphone for years....kept waiting for a decent iphone 2 it never came so i got bored and changed. just can't stand the fact that everyone has them, really annoys me haha no exclusivity with that handset at all.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
The heros a brilliant phone. Only ever had a play with an iphone for a while and i cant personally see anything that justifies it costing so much more. The media player is great on the hero, has a decent browser, app store that is already great and can only get better.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok well some good thumbs up for the Hero...if the iPhone was the same price (e.g. free!) I would definitely get that, but an extra £10 a month, or 24 month contract etc...not sure I want it that much.

Tom - is the tatoo not as good at the Hero then? that's actualy quite good as I prefer the look of the Hero. Changing cases isn't a great priority for me!

330ci sport
Worth considering the Palm Pre? I'm looking at either 3GS Iphone or the Pre.

Going to hang to see how well the Pre is received, in which time hopefully Orange will have spurred a price drop with the Iphone.

Nissan Jewk
Palm Pre is a great phone, locked to O2 though (Haven't read the rest of this thread though, so not sure if network choice was relevant!).

G2 is a quality piece of kit, insiders believe that by 2012, there will be miore Android users than iPhone users....

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Just to add to the conufusion, seen the n97 mini now...it's not easy to choose these days is it??

Don't bother with any N97!......If you want a Nokia wait until November and get the N900

or get the HTC HD2 later this month

or be a winner and get the 3GS

Mito Sportiva 135
Worth considering the Palm Pre? I'm looking at either 3GS Iphone or the Pre.

Going to hang to see how well the Pre is received, in which time hopefully Orange will have spurred a price drop with the Iphone.

Not seen these on the Coming Soon section on Orange, do you know if they are? Look quite cool, but don't want to wait months for an upgrade!

Just read MikeC's comment, I am on Orange, and want to stick. Orange Wednesday alone saves me loads each year!

Mito Sportiva 135
Damn they all look nice!

Is the HTC Touch2 coming to Orange though does anyone know? Not seen it on their site, looked on the HTC site though and looks full of winning goodness.

The new Blackberry also looks very cool!

BMW 330ci Clubsport
You can tether on the iPhone though.
You can do that on most wifi phones..

I got the iPhone for the reasons youve said, internet browsing is immense, and the fact i dont need a seperate iPod is a win for me :)
Again, most phones can do this. Especially any HTC phone with extra memory

iPhone > all.

Simple rule which is ultimately true in every way.
Disagree, did you tune into Watchdog this evening? It paints a different story..

I found the camera on the iPhone shoddy, the design shoddy and the screen layout shoddy (Who wants a homescreen which is just an app menu?)