ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC Warranty Issue

Polo + Micra
i'd be asking them how s-off has caused the problems you are having (they can get back to s-on no problem)

my htc went back rooted with s-off for a new screen and came back fixed with original software back on it all under warranty

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
The motherboard is apparently at fault, the s-off is apparently showing its been rooted and has illegal software thus rendering the warranty void.

Polo + Micra
seems that with a HBOOT version of 1.08 it's very difficult to get s-off

i bet you have always had s-off and they are just being arseholes

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Where did you get it from originally?

Purchased off eBay.

Need to find out if they will return it in the same state I sent it to them - I can live with it for a few more months til my upgrade.

Listerine & Poledo
Purchased off eBay.

Starting to make sense.

It may not even be UK stock.

If you'd got if from a shop (t-mobile, p4u, whoever) you might have had a chance on arguing your way out of paying the rest of your contract but I suspect not now.

Hmmmmmm.... (thinking)

PS: Yes, I've calmed down and thinking on how you can swing your money out of the eBay retailer. Were they UK based?

If it was a completely sealed T-Mobile UK box then it will have come from them directly initially. If you can get it back you can send it directly through a TM store, just don't mention you bought it off eBay and you will need to have an active T-Mobile account. If they ask where you originally got it from just say you had it sent through as an upgrade. Not sure how in depth our repair centre is (it's not the HTC one) about checking for rooted devices although I have never seen one come back not repaired because of it.

Also if they can't fix it because of it being "rooted" they won't charge you for the diagnosis.

Listerine & Poledo
That will work riiiight up until they check the IMEI and notice that it wasn't sold to Sash by them at all. At which point some laughing may occur, followed by the call being disconnected

Listerine & Poledo
Ah right. You work with t-mob retail then?

just wondering if they'll then send the handset on a repair job or not. Without an original invoice I can't imagine they'd do any more than that

Yeah, honestly the systems we use are ropey as f**k for this stuff. The IMEI is checked against the date of sale, if it can't find a original sale date then it will ask for a proof of purchase. What you will hope for is that the person you speak to is as lazy 95% of everyone else that works there and won't ring up to get a POP and just bang in a date from the last 2 years. This will then let the repair go through as under warranty. If Sash wants to give me the IMEI I can see if it was sold from store and if it would ask for a POP on repairing it.

Listerine & Poledo
Awesome, go with that then Sash.

If it doesn't come off, I can try our systems here. Of course, this does require you to get the phone back (then bill HTC for their fees)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
It came in an HTC box no T-Mobile on it I don't think will check when I get home. It does still come up with t-mobile when you turn the handset on though.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Just checked the box and there's no T-Mobile on the actual box - it appears I kept everything that was in the box including the bags for the charger etc! There is a T-Mobile recycling envelope - would this suggest it originally came from T-Mobile??