ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hubcap Spanner - 172

Needed to take a wheel off the other day but have lost my hucap spanner (embellisher ?)

Had my rear brakes done in October and garage probably forgot to put it back. I suppose Ive got no chance of getting it back now.

Anyone ever had to replace one ? Just looked in myhandbook where it tells me to write down the code from the side of the spanner in case I ever loose it - any idea if the supplying dealer would have recorded this ?

Cheers

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Im guessing you mean the locking wheel nut key, if you have not got the code you will have to get them of another way unfortunatley.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i think the hub cap spanners are all the same, it was the locking wheel nut keys that had different versions.

either if someones got a spare one on here, or renault is your best bet.

yes, the little black spanner to undo the nut that keeps the centre caps on.

Im interested if anyone has a spare. cheers.

DSC00937-1-1.jpg

I might be onto totally the wrong thing, but do you mean the little tool for undoing the bolt I've circled in red?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
It's a little plastic key (T shaped) with 3 small straight prongs at each point of a triangle, you could probably go to the scrap yard and take it out the emergency repir kit in the boot :p