ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hubcentric Spacers Help

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello,

I've got some 15mm hubcentrics, however looking at it and today getting round to fitting them it turns out I may need some shorter wheel bolts.

I.e my standard bolts are hitting the hub before running out of thread.

Does anyone know what size I need?

Cheers

I'm guessing you've got the bolt to hub spacers? Common problem I think.
I'd just measure how long you existing bolts are and how much thread is too long, and minus them.

Thinking about it the thread length you need can't be longer than 15mm, coz that's the width of the spacers?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've bought loads of hubcentric's over the years and they've always come with hub bolts. Where did you buy them from Luke?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
They're second hand mate they come with bolts - I.e bolt the spacer to the hub. It's bolting the wheel to the spacer where I'm having issues.

4d648b3c-6f2c-7679.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone local to you breaking a clio?

Buy 16 nuts, grind them a bit shorter, sorted. You don't want to knacker your current ones as you'll need them when you return the car to std.

Or a scrapyard ^ . Not that they'll be open on sunday I doubt.
Unless you just did it to your existing ones then picked up a replacement standard set later (providing you don't fubar your originals up when grinding them!)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I've not got a grinder and judging by my previous track record with pissing about with my car it's something I'd rather just pay someone else to do :eek:

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Get your wheel off and put the wheel bolt through the hole and measure the thread sticking out. Obviously this needs to be less than 15mm. Measure and find out how much shorter bolts you'll need.

My Turinis had about 19mm of thread into the hub and my 2118's had 17mm. Standard bolts total thread are 23mm long iirc, aftermarket ones may be bit longer. Know TPi polarised ones are 27mm thread length iirc.

LY 172
How would that help if I want to widen my track by 30mm?

i ment to go between the hubcentric spacers and your wheels to take up the extra thread in your bolts, although that would widen your track 40mm overall :/

My bad. i had just woken up. realised thats a stupid idea now haha

e92 330i
You can buy custom bolts from demon tweeks. Standard are 26mm long 60 degree fixed seat type and m12 x 1.5. So 20mm bolts will be fine.