ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming noise fron front wheel.....

Monaco 172
I know your all going to say wheel bearing straight away, but Ive replaced the wheel bearing, and still got a noise and can't seem to diagnose it. It makes an intermittent 'hum' when going around right hand bends at 20-30mph. Starting to annoy me now. Maybe a joint or something? A weight fell off the wheel a few months ago, maybe the wheel is out of balance? But surely it wouldnt make that noise still :S

a low one
could it be the wheel rubbing on an arch or something? just a guess as i would have said wheel bearing tbh

inferno 182cup
jus a quick one to try for free but jack it up an spin it up, see if the tyre has gone out of shape, run your hand round it :)

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Jack the car up. Try wobbling the wheels on the front. Could help find the problem..
But sounds like wheel bearing to me ..

182 with cup packs
I just replaced my back wheel bearing too and now I think the drivers one has gone sod's law lol! Damm roads there a nightmare:dapprove:

Monaco 172
Wheel bearing was replaced in december so can't see it being that? Wheels seem solid to me, no movement or unusual noises. Not sure if its a noisy joint or something? Just seems weird how its more noticeable when going round a right hand bend.