ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huwaei p20 camera issue

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably a long shot.

Front facing camera no issues.
Black and white photos no issue.
Close up photos no issue.

Photos at any distance are blurry, like the auto focus is playing up.

New camera or have I pressed something daft lol.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the camera lens is dead.

Close up stuff it'll be wide open, long distance it'll probably stop the aperture down a few stops to sharpen the image.

If you tap to force it to focus i'm guessing that still does nothing?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nope. Worked perfect yesterday and then got home and...

IMG_20211116_134238.jpg
IMG_20211117_095108.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had that with the Nexus 5 ? Whichever one Huwei made anyway. All of a sudden it just didn't focus on anything. It also had bits on the sensor which started to appear on photos.
They fixed it even though it was out of the 2 year warranty. O2 didn't want to know as I'd finished my contract length.
Might be worth speaking to them via Twitter, were pretty quick replying, sent me a pre paid bag and box to send it back and I had it back within a week.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this privately after selling my iPhone. Had a price from a local repair shop at £50. He says it's the camera that's at fault.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Seeing as you're probably getting it repaired, might be worth giving the phone a tap on the palm of your hand around the camera and see if it frees anything up?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Stays the same mate. Considered resetting the phone and then either get it fixed or an excuse to get a new phone

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My mates got a shop in Chester who repairs phones. He's also started to sell some.
Screenshot_20211117_182754_com.facebook.katana.jpg

GoMobile it's called. He might have something for you.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone by chance know much about the poco x3 pro?

Contemplating doing a factory reset on mine but what are the chances that solving my issue?