ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m a PR*CK - Urgent advice please...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

F***ing pissed right off :mad:

Stupid question I think, but, are locking wheel nut keys the same for all 172/182s?

Ive been running around like a madman all week getting ready for Castle Combe tomorrow, and I thought Id chuck the new front pads in before my Wife got home. No problem there...

She gets home, but has to go out straight away so I hurry to put everything back together and road test it before she goes. All works fine...but I think I left the wheelnut key in the wheel as I drove off :oops:...I cant find it anywhere.

My mates coming along in his 182 so if the keys are the same my orange beauties will get some track time...if not, the last week has been for f***ing nothing.

Pissed off, really seriously pissed off...

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Dont think so Mark :( Theres a "code" for your locking nuts which implies there is at least some variability.

Volvo S60 T5

Reno wheel nuts are easy to get off, let me know a day or so in advance before you want em removed and I can do it for you mate.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 15 September 2005

u got spare bolts? if so smash a slighlty smaller socket over them and u can get them off that way
Theres no space, and the outside of the locking bolts rotates freely...even if I could get anything over it, it would just turn round.

Mike? If its that easy, can I stop by yours at 0430 tomorrow morning fella ;)

Still no joy. Going to have something to eat then go for a long walk with my torch...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 15 September 2005

Dont think so Mark :( Theres a "code" for your locking nuts which implies there is at least some variability.
Ive just found the box they all came in and there is what looks like a unique code on it...arse.

Da

Less

yeah unique mate, shame its the rotating type otherwise the socket method wouldve worked.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I was only joking about 0430 Mike. I only drove about 1 mile when I tested them round the local residential roads, and my Wifes back at about 2130, so Ill go walk the route then :p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

WTF?!?!

The box that I dug out with the code on it...Ive been looking at it for the last hour getting more and more wound up.

I just opened it up and...

...theres a spare key in it!!!

Woo-f***ing-hoo - those orange wheels are gonna get a right spanking tomorrow now...

Am I just lucky, or do all sets of locking wheelnuts come with 2 keys?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Ha ha, glad you found the spare Mark. I got a spare with my 172 but theres only one key with the locking nuts for my Trophy.

Have a good day tomorrow, wish I was going now.

Mini Cooper S sport

Glad you found the spare!

Anyway dont worry, I have no idea how the locking wheel nuts even work. I got a box with nut-like things in it when I bought the car and dont know what to do with them. When I need new tyres Ill just give the box to whoever does it and hope they know what to do! Is there meant to be a key in there?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I read all that, and Ive only just realised its you MB, sorry, RB.

Yup, theres a key in there, looks like a normal bolt head, but slips over the top of the bolt bit thats holding your wheel on.

I guess with no spare, its not really essential to carry it in the car all the time.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 15 September 2005

I read all that, and Ive only just realised its you MB, sorry, RB.

Yup, theres a key in there, looks like a normal bolt head, but slips over the top of the bolt bit thats holding your wheel on.

I guess with no spare, its not really essential to carry it in the car all the time.

Ahh that explains it .. Im such a clueless girlie.

Yeah I changed my name with the colour :D

Is there a pic somewhere of your orange wheels? (Orange!??)
Ah - found them...waaah theyre BRIGHT! :cool:

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

haha sorry mate, shouldnt laugh....blatantly something id do tho lol. Might see u there at castle coombe tomorrow :)

Im having a right time at the moment. Ive spent the last 4 months trying to get a replacement locking wheel nut key for my vee. Hoping it might arrive tomorrow. Is there a way to remove Ferad bolts?? Id been told there was nothing around that could do it bar drilling.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Lol, looks like you sat there staring at the box for about 45 minutes before thinking... "Hmmm, I wonder whats inside this box...".

At least its all sorted, get your Clio Tangod up!

SLK 350

Banging the hell out of the spinning part of the nut with a decent chisel also renders them nuts ridiculously easy to get off to.

But glad you found the key mate!

Nothing worse then the feeling of a lost locking nut...

I never did find mine. Luckily I never threw away the packaging so was able to obtain the code and get a spare sent from Germany next day.