ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’m claying my car for the first time!

Used to have a Clio

Just washed the car - gonna dry it in a bit then im gonna use my new Meguiars Clay Bar for the first time. I hear nothing but excellent stuff about this so im gonna try it now and see! Cant wait!

Then after that - I have my Meguiars NXT Wax that i ordered alongside the clay! Cant wait for the end result - will post pics when i finish....this afternoon! :-D

Wish me luck!

VRS

make sure you use plenty f detailer spray mate cos if its too dry you will find yourself putting faint scratches in the paintwork! i wud giv it a polish and seal before waxing, will get rid of any light marks/scratches and will help give the finished product a wicked deep shine!

Vee dub

I tried it but didnt really like using it, it did come out nicely at the end.

Im sticking to the shampoo and then wax I think.

Tom

Used to have a Clio

think ive put a couple of long faint scratches already! :oops:

but never mind - its part of the learning process i think!

just putting NXT wax now...my arms are aching! been outside since 7am! :-(

do i need to leave the wax a certain period before buffing? like cover the whole car first? or does it need to be buffed straight away? theres no instructions on the box!

Quote: Originally posted by makavelli on 06 August 2005

make sure you use plenty f detailer spray mate cos if its too dry you will find yourself putting faint scratches in the paintwork! i wud giv it a polish and seal before waxing, will get rid of any light marks/scratches and will help give the finished product a wicked deep shine!

Hi,

Its Stuarts dad here, youre spot on there makavelli, I did Stuarts car ealier in the week and it turned out very very well and thats an understatement.

Stuart washes his car once a week and polishes it once a month so it was not dirty by any means but the clay lifts every spec of dirt to the point it actually changed the colour, its now a shade lighter.

I would also agree with Polish/Seal/wax in that order I did it over 3days and Ill be waxing it again before Stuart come home next weekend.

Just dont rub too hard you dont have to and the clay bar is sensational.

Thanks

Bryan

PS if you have scratched the car by polishing sealing and waxing that could take out most of it, doing that lifted all of the swirl marks on Stuarts car.

[Edited by stusV6 on 06 August 2005 at 12:16pm]

[Edited by stusV6 on 06 August 2005 at 12:17pm]

Used to have a Clio

cool! thanks! i think ill re-polish it tomorrow...my arms are aching bad now...and im just waiting for the wax to dry so i can buff it then apply the back to black stuff on the bumpers!

Man! this is hard work!!! it better not rain this weekend or early next week! ill cry hard otherwise!

Leave the NXT a good 30 mins, it should come off very easily unless youve put it on too thick!

Quote: Originally posted by muscleflex on 06 August 2005

cool! thanks! i think ill re-polish it tomorrow...my arms are aching bad now...and im just waiting for the wax to dry so i can buff it then apply the back to black stuff on the bumpers!

Man! this is hard work!!! it better not rain this weekend or early next week! ill cry hard otherwise!

hi are you rubbing too hard that your arms are aching mine were OK after washing, drying, polishing and sealing all on the first day.

Also when you do the back to black use a small piece of sponge (2" by 4") its makes it easier and faster and neater.

Bryan

Used to have a Clio

yeah - i think i put it on too hard! its not easy to get off...i found i had to rub kinda hardish to get all traces off! hence my arms are aching now!

the back to black stuff and windows - ill have to do either tonight or tomorrow! im too tired now! LOL

but damn! this NXT wax really is awesome! my cars never looked this good ever! ive finally achieved that wet look! ill take some more pics and post them tonight!

thanks for the help! oh - especially that sponge for the back to black! im sure itll save my nails from going really black! :)

Used to have a Clio

i dont know how to add pics! i took a couple but the sun was hiding behind some clouds!

im gonna finish the car tomorrow - need to do the glass and the bumpers! arms were just aching after 7 hours of cleaning!

thats a very nice car, 16v clio!

Used to have a Clio

i have another question - if i decide to put another layer of wax on the car tomorrow...do i need to dust off the car first? or spray a mist of water and wipe it clean first before re-applying another layer of wax?

oh - and i LOVE the smell of the meguiars line! (the detailing spray that comes with the clay and the NXT Tech Wax) smells so nice!!! :p

Quote: Originally posted by muscleflex on 06 August 2005

i have another question - if i decide to put another layer of wax on the car tomorrow...do i need to dust off the car first? or spray a mist of water and wipe it clean first before re-applying another layer of wax?

oh - and i LOVE the smell of the meguiars line! (the detailing spray that comes with the clay and the NXT Tech Wax) smells so nice!!! :p

yes, remove all the dust with a detailing spray and a microfibre cloth, or better still wash it again :D

Used to have a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 06 August 2005

yes, remove all the dust with a detailing spray and a microfibre cloth, or better still wash it again :D
LOL - i dont think i want to wash it again...i still have a headache now! i dont know how you guys do it for almost the whole day cleaning the car!

can i use the spray that came with the clay? i think its a detailing spray...

When you get used to it and wash it regularly it will become easier and also buying your cleaning supplies from some of the lads on the forum will save you some money.

Also you could just go on holiday and ask your dad to do it :D

Bryan

Used to have a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 06 August 2005

When you get used to it and wash it regularly it will become easier and also buying your cleaning supplies from some of the lads on the forum will save you some money.

Also you could just go on holiday and ask your dad to do it :D

Bryan
haha! dont think i would trust my dad to clean my car! can you be my dad too? but i only have a 1.2 compared to your sons v6! :-(

i do wash my car regularly - but its the combination of washing/claying/waxing/polishing that im not used to. before, it used to be just washing and polishing! (i didnt know what the difference was between polish and wax!)

Used to have a Clio

^^ haha! i know - believe me i want to get one...maybe at the end of this month after payday! but im afraid ill just end up spending a whole lot more on pads and stuff.... :-(

I use it about once a month on both mine and the wifes cars, dont though confuse the term pc with a full abrasive polish as most of the time i use it to apply light polishes such as autoglym srp, klasse AIo or Clearkote vanilla moose.

I use it more of an arm saving and better results than by hand device.

Quote: Originally posted by muscleflex on 07 August 2005

haha! dont think i would trust my dad to clean my car! can you be my dad too? but i only have a 1.2 compared to your sons v6! :-(
i do wash my car regularly - but its the combination of washing/claying/waxing/polishing that im not used to. before, it used to be just washing and polishing! (i didnt know what the difference was between polish and wax!)

If you have just clayed your car and you wash it regularly then all you should need to do is polish it not clay it very often.

Also, dont knock your car it does exactly what is says on the box "gets you from A to B" just like Stuarts :D

Bryan

[Edited by stusV6 on 07 August 2005 at 11:37pm]