ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i’m rejecting my 182

my car has been in the garage for two days due to a niosy abs pump, or so they said. i got it back this afternoon and it is exactly the same as it was. when i set off it make an horrendous clunk and feels as if there is some sort of movement. i gave them one chance to sort it out and its the same ,so its time to reject the car. luckily my finance co. havent coughed up the money for the car yet, and they said they would not pay for it unless i was happy with the car. i got the car 2 weeks today and have been back to the dealer 8 times, to say im f**ked off is an understatement. the only thing the dealer can do is sue me if they want to be c**ts.

i have had 4 clios and had nothing but sh*t with them all, its time to look elsewhere. any links to other makes will be greatly appreciated. :(:(

GW Clio 200

Tunni I havent even got mine yet and Im seriously thinking of cancelling... I dont know whether I will be able to at this late stage, but I am getting really nervous about the build quality of these 182s

I dont think there is a 182 owner on this site that has not had a mechanical or electrical problem with there cars.. and I have to say thats just not good enough..

Seriously considering buying a Jap car... Toyota Celica or Honda Civic Type R ... because I refuse to pay for sh*t!!! and that is exactly what Renault seem to be offering with the 182.

Where are you from, if you get the Honda I may Join you to get a better deal......

if anyone with a 182 looks at the front splitter, they will notice slight gaps. well reno fit these using two screws, so i had the top man in the bodyshop look at it , he said to get it flush with the bumper, holes would need to be drilled and more screws put in. wtf is going on:eek:

320d M Sport

im going honda soon as well.

is this your first 182/172/Cup? as it seems they have more than their fair share of probs which the dealers dotn want to know/care about.

TW4TS the lot of em, sorry.

i prefer the looks of the type-r over the 182, but even if i didnt i dont think id get the 182! kno1 seems to have had a problem free one! and for a brand new car costing £15k id expect better

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Bloody hell guys calm down :eek:

I know how pissed off you are because ive rejected a car in the past,i had a Astra sport that was a pile of poop so i rejected it,they replaced it and i rejected the replacement because it came without a factory fitted alarm/imobiliser and i took the third car which was brilliant and never gave me any problems.

All car makes have and produce problem cars,you are very unlucky with your 182,mine is great and ive had no problems since a few niggles got sorted as soon as i got it,since then its been a dream.Look on other forums because they also have complaints as well,like its been said on here people dont make threads saying they have had no problems but there are plenty of threads from people loving their cars.

I dont blame you if you change because i was pissed off bigtime with my sport,in the end it turned out to be a great car.Not all 182s are a bag of sh*te...i have one that isnt for starters and im sure there are other happy bunnies on here....

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The splitter didnt fit correctly and a shield underneath the engine popped off and i was sorted out and given a car whilst they sorted it.There was no point me kicking off because they were polite,apologetic and quick dealing with it.These niggles were no different to other niggles ive had with the last 5 new cars ive had,they all had something minor that needed sorting.

Since then ive not had a single complaint.You obviously like the car because you went for one,i cant tell you what to do but id tell anyone not to be hasty,it is a smashing car after all,i feel for you having a poopy one.

Tappd'd RS

my honda aint perfect!

Its got a clunking noise from the steering at very low speed and an extremely irritating intermitent rattle from the front which lessens when you press the clutch.

Other than that, and the dredful fuel economy, I love it.

320d M Sport

hmm, ive been on here a few yrs and u do get fed up of reading how they keep breaking down/going in for warranty work though!

tends to change ur view on it.... give it time and youll see....

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 22 April 2004

The splitter didnt fit correctly and a shield underneath the engine popped off and i was sorted out and given a car whilst they sorted it.There was no point me kicking off because they were polite,apologetic and quick dealing with it.These niggles were no different to other niggles ive had with the last 5 new cars ive had,they all had something minor that needed sorting.

Since then ive not had a single complaint.You obviously like the car because you went for one,i cant tell you what to do but id tell anyone not to be hasty,it is a smashing car after all,i feel for you having a poopy one.

today they stripped down the front end of the car, removed all the sound proofing and reassembled it after tightening the abs pump . all this has not made even a bit of difference and it is the 8th time in two weeks the car has been back enoughs enough.

how long would you put up with it ?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Tunni,

You are dead right not putting up with it,i wouldnt.Im not saying put up with it im trying to tell you that not all 182s are a pile of crap.I love mine and apart from what ive mentioned have not had any cause for concern.Reject it but if it were me i would be prepared to try another for the very same reasons i got one in the first place.

Paddy,

Ok so you have been on here for a number of years and maybe i will see what you are saying...you try something as well,join another 3 forums and see how its members complain about faults,they all do because people who join forums tend to be a bit more into cars than your average guy and a bit more fussy when it comes to sharing problems and getting others experiences and views.Somebody said recently on here that you wont get people making threads saying im happy and have had no problems and i agree with that.Renault is no different from other makes when it comes to faults,they all have them.The people who come here is only a small percentage of owners so the compaints you read may be a false reflection.

Do you get fed up with reading posts about how much members love their cars and how much fun they have..i doubt it !

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=82299&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=82299&PagePosition=1

nuff said, not bein funny i know people who have spent far more on a new car than the cost of a clio and have been un happy with it, i think it just happens with all manufacturers and depends on if u get lucky really.

if u really dislike it, send it back, only the owner knows, end of the day u are the one shelling out the money for it

Matt

i cant disagree with matt and funky both good points maybe ill push for a replacement, but can i wait 8 weeks, ill be suicidal :sick:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Tunni,

I forgot to mention,when i rejected my Astra sport i got to keep the rejected one whilst i was waiting..id push for that if i were rejecting the 182..just imagine the fun you can have in a car that will be swapped :devilish:

320d M Sport

hmm, why have Renault been voted 32/34 WORST dealer in the UK then?

im member of the CTR, Seat, + Citroen sites and none of these have as many probs as reno.

its a real shame...

Not had any problems at all with mine to date, had it a month done 1800 miles.

It is pretty heavy on petrol round town and super is quite a bit more expensive but the car is great, dont regret buying it at all and Ive never had a Reno before.

And extreme, if you have not had any major issues with your cup why cancel? Its basically the same car built in the same place.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 22 April 2004

Seriously considering buying a Jap car... Toyota Celica or Honda Civic Type R...
Guess what I just bought to replace my Cup?! :oops:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Voted for by whom ? Please dont say JD power,thats only a cross section,if i voted id be giving quite high marks based on my experience.

A friend of mine has a Skoda Vrs and hates the image Skoda had in the past,despite it being a good car he still gets grief.He has took part in surveys and tells me he will always give the highest marks to go someway towards ridding Skoda of the crap image it had..now tell me thats fair ?

I visit and am a member of other forums including Citroen but take complaints with a pinch of salt,its not right to judge a brand based on people who post on forums..what about these who dont..what about these who dont take part in surveys ?

People dont post threads saying my car has nothing wrong...there was one on here the other day but im talking in general.

It amuses me how many people go on about how crap Renaults are...but drive Renaults !!

Lionel Richie

Everyone seems to forget that le voiture au Renault iz built with zee love, wine and zee frogs legs!!!!!

I live by the rule "Nothings perfect" i think this rule is followed by Arab countries (read that somewhere, so dont quote me!!!)

A customer at where i work had a 911 turbo and the engine failed, and thats an £86 grand car!!!!!!

My mums mates Bently had the odd rattle from the dash (Bently replaced it!!!)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Out of interest does the clunk only happen when you set off from engine start?

I agree the Renault dealers are mostly piles of steaming brown stuff, but i have done 4700 miles in my 182 already and its been sweet as a nut. Maybe i was lucky with mine and they actually put it together right, but then there is still plenty of time for something to fall off / blow up etc.........;)

i get the same clunk in my 182!

it only happens when you first start the car, basically the noise is the pump doing a system check, its ntohing seroius!!!

my 182 has been back to the dealer for little niggles and that noise is one of them!!

Renaultsports are never going to be perfect because of where there built, most of the effort goes into the performance and handling, so you will always have rattles and squeaks!!!

I have driven plenty of ctrs and they have there problems too!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Exactly as i have said before its an abs self test.

I get it too.

Quite a few new cars do it. its nothing to worry about. (unless it doesnt do it)

Before anyone says "My 172 doesnt do that, so it must be a fault" The abs system on the 182 is newer, and the self test programme is part of the software on the abs ecu.

IMHO You will be lucky to get a rejection as there is no fault with the car.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 23 April 2004

Out of interest does the clunk only happen when you set off from engine start?
yes it does, but it is a bit of a vicious sound to say the least. the car has been stripped down and rebuilt to get to the abs pump but it is exactly the same. the noise is too loud, coupled with a nasty grinding/grating, for the abs pump self check to be an acceptable cause.

I have had my 182 for nearly 2 months now, done 2500 miles, no probs, i love the car, after having my 172 that went in the garage 12 times, i took a risk getting the 182 but glad i did now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sounds like a bang on description to me.

Its loud but the brakes are pulsed so it would be. it lasts about a second.

If your not listening out for it is not loud at all.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 23 April 2004

Exactly as i have said before its an abs self test.

I get it too.

Quite a few new cars do it. its nothing to worry about. (unless it doesnt do it)

Before anyone says "My 172 doesnt do that, so it must be a fault" The abs system on the 182 is newer, and the self test programme is part of the software on the abs ecu.

IMHO You will be lucky to get a rejection as there is no fault with the car.
i agree

i absolutley bollox my motor every other day.. from 1st with esp off, to redlining in 4th ! that takes some doing,i dont even listen to the light that comes on i just nail it up to the physical limiter. i use my gears to brake more than my brakes. i do this for about 30-mins to 1 hour. then i use it as my work car. i have the stero loud, im using the climate control all the time. Its got 10k of very hard miles and i ve never driven a car in this way. I actually feel sorry for it, and can only conclude that i never did it in other cars because i never enjoyed myself anywhere near compared to my 172.

I ragged it from day 1 also. I keep scrunching gears. Iam always moving seats for passengers.

what has gone wrong so far: nothing.

it feels really well put together. I have loads of rattles on poor surfaces and now my eibachs have settled in its a very firm ride. But i have cornered @ silly speeds and not driffted or had traction light on. How can a car soooo small and so firm and crappy UK roads not have rattles ??? i mean ive hit bump /pottholes @ 60+ mph and ive felt like my arse was broken.

the 172 is a great little car for little money.

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 23 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 22 April 2004

im going honda soon as well.

is this your first 182/172/Cup? as it seems they have more than their fair share of probs which the dealers dotn want to know/care about.

TW4TS the lot of em, sorry.
Paddy, maybe they should be looking at getting a TW4TS plate for their cars LoL, like this <A target=_blank href= "http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/PopViewPlate/?plate=TW04 TSO">Reg Plate
Collected my CTR yesterday and so pleased with experience so-far. Dealer brought the delivery forward to 1wk (after renault delayed me 2+ for front splitter) and were fine replacing a slightly chipped alloy and scratched gear knob on the spot- renault only offered to paint the wheel of gfs brand new clio when pushed and never been same since.

Know I should be saying how amazing the 182 is, but did try getting one, but failed, and posts like these make me think I got lucky after all!