ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve had enough!!!

Right!! Im really not happy!!! Yet again my 172 has had to go back to the garage, this car has done 30K and heres what has gone wrong with it (SO FAR) in the last 12 months;

Oil Leak

Exhaust needed replacing from the CAT back

4K Rattle

Now the power Steering Fluid is pouring out everywhere (3 days and £300 to change a pipe)

In the last 12 months I have spent more then £1200 on this car and although I really enjoy driving my car I feel there really is no excuse for these things to be going wrong, the reliability is just a total let down.

The first problem occurred at the beginning of the year, which actually means it all started at about 20,000 I have expressed this to my Renault dealer but they are just not interested.

I am now planning to express my concerns to the head of Renault UK in the form of a letter (Lets see how far that gets me)

Its getting to the stage where I am seriously considering to cut my losses, sell the 172 and buy the Civic Type R or New Cupra R 225.

Id appreciate you views on this as i am sure Renault would be interested in hearing them.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

is your car a uk one?

were these faults fixed under warranty?

how old is it?

Ad

MK2 FRS

If its is uk sourced, you will have more of a response from renualt uk, it has helped me.

Yeah it is UK sourced it has full Renault history every problem has been fixed by Renault and the servicing has been done by Renault that seem to fix the current problem then all of a sudden its something else.

The car is a year 2000 MK1 172 and is now 3 years old.

clio sport mk1 golf

get rid mate

get something else

i was going to get a 172 next year, but im getting my mates evo 7 fq300 instead. yummy.

Yeah i fancied something along those lines, but i decided to get a brand new car (less maintenance)

I have 3 cars on my list

Civic Type R

Seat Cupra 225

Cooper S (John Cooper Works Upgrade)

Just looking into them all at the mo but Renault have just let me down 1 to many times.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Thats what I plan to get next.. the Leon Cupra R, or something simmilar depending on whats out at the time.

Got so fed up with my Cup and the dealers I got rid of it after 3 months couldnt face it any more and I always had that nagging thought at the back of my head "What next". What really pissed me off was Renualt attitude lied to me about everything still waiting for them to call me back two months later. I will post the letters I wrote on here tomorrow as there on my computer at work. In the end managed to get my hands on an Focus RS and never been happier. Still miss the Cup just wish it wasnt built by Renault.

320d M Sport

to be honest youve not done too bad really! Theres plenty of newer cars on here that have had FAR worse than that. Still doesnt make it acceptable though, it all comes down to how much you like the car itself...

If they have had worse then that i cant believe they still own a Renault i am sooooo p*ssed off!!

Forgot to mention i also has front and rear wheel bearings go.

I have just got off the phone with the Seat guys they tell me that numbers on the Cupra 225 are going to be limited to 6 per dealer!! They can even offer me a test drive in the current Cupra R hummmm dont think so im not spending £18000 on a car i cant even test drive. Think that might be out the window.

the cupra 225 is quite a car very quick.

the 210 cupra past me at a track day in the cup. Couldnt keep up the pace even at my sideway speeds.

(i thank-you)

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

CTR are ugly and not very good, (other than their engin) and seem slow compared to similear cars. Get the Leon Cupra R, excellent build quality and very nice looking.

I had airbags go off in my old 172 while doing 70mph( it was 9months old), could have killed me so got a better car.