ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I <3 Classic car insurance

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just gone to whak a policy on ye olde golf, All mods declaired and theres alot of them... £167.82 :Dwin

koi

Audi S1
How does it have to be to be classic? The 182 is getting old now, wish the insurance was that cheap lol

Lotus Elise
Classic car insurance is truly epic. Our 1275GT Mini has a list of mods as long as the bible, all declared with me (20) and brother (18) on the policy. £96

BG 182 FF
So say i buy a mk1 golf gti, What criteria do you need to obtain classic car insurance?
I think it is usually 15 years old or older,although some classic insurance companies debate what is a classic.
They do state that it has to be a second car to qualify for the cheap insurance and usually impose a limited mileage restriction,up to 5000 miles although i could be wrong on that.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Iirc the company I'm with seems to say classic is 25yers +, limited milage. You also have to be 23 or older for some reason and have another car insured in your name. You also don't earn ncb on classic policies.

If I didn't have the z4 n 182 I'd be paying probably about £600 to insure it

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just rang to confirm it and they decided to up the price, so rang lancaster who had been the next best on confused, they have done it for £184 but WITH AN AGREED VALUATION OF £8000

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When I was looking at classics, as a 3rd car, I got some really good quotes. They included any other car too, which I never get anywhere else.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
only issue is you have to have another thats your main vehicle, its not cheap insurance if you know what i mean

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye the Clio ain't goin anywhere and tbh a beetle ain't a usable daily unlike your golf IMO :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wouldnt class the golf as a daily seeing as when its cold i have to pour fuel down the carbs before i can start it lol