ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I am impressed!

133/225/CLS AMG
I've just made the change over from a PC to an iMac and have to say I'm extremely impressed. I had my old PC for about 5 years, it gradually got slower and slower then one day it was dead, looks like a knackered motherboard.

So I took the plunge and went for a Mac, had it about four days now and already impressed with how quick it is, how slick it all works and how comprehensive the Mac OS is as well. I've used Windows for about 18 years and yet I've not struggled with this due to how logical it seems to be. :)

Admittedly I've become a bit of an Apple fan but due to seeing how their products work rather than the fashionable nature of them. Dismissed the iPhone and iPad as gimmicky until I used one and ended up with one of each in the end.

Apple.jpg

If anyone has any good recommendations for applications and things that they think are worthwhile then feel free to recommend away. :p

Reason I enjoy Mac OSX is because of the unix backend - I feel gimped without a proper terminal to do little bits and bobs in.

Get Steam for your games - don't bother with their App Store, the games are overpriced.
Plex is good if you're going to be watching films etc or streaming to other devices.
VLC player for watching/listening to stuff with weird codecs.

133/225/CLS AMG
Nice one thanks for the info.

Feels like I'm a total novice with this whole OS yet I've supported Windows computers since I was 19 for work! haha

133/225/CLS AMG
I'd have to pass but I'm sure someone can tell you.

From what I've heard they are good creative tools for music, photography etc but I'm far from any kind of expert.

133/225/CLS AMG
You won't struggle with it mate, you'll probably be refreshed at the simplicity of it. Certainly as a Windows user for so long it's nice to get using something that doesn't faff about haha