ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I believe the key phrase is 'decked'?

Works...kind of...
As some may know I bought a V6 Audi A4 at the arse end of last year.

Was umming and ahhing about hitting it with the lowering stick. After I had everything sorted mechanical wise to a point where I was happy I decided to make a cheeky offer on some Raceland coils.

Arrived on Wednesday, 19 hours from Brussels to Devon, nay bad!

P1000142.jpg

P1000145.jpg

Fitted them yesterday with the help of a good friend and his workshop.

P1000150Web.jpg

P1000152Web.jpg

P1000155Web.jpg

P1000156Web.jpg

The front's about -120mm, back's about 80mm. Just about managed to get out of the farm lane, but when we got to the more smooth country lanes, the plastic undertray was beaching on the camber of the road. Had to rip it off.

Decided that it needed raising after whilst overtaking some mopeds on the main road the bottom of the bumper was kissing cats eyes. :eek:

so:

P1000158Web.jpg

Now it sits like this:

P1000160Web-1.jpg

Works...kind of...
They see me rollin' etc.

It's a bit of a nightmare to drive at the moment. Reminiscent of a bouncy castle full of kids and I'll probably get pulled soon under suspicion of drink driving for avoiding potholes.

Works...kind of...
Very, but then I've only done 30 or so miles on the coils. They should settle in soon.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It looks weird being totally standard bar the drop. Doesn't look right.

With some better wheels and some more poke it'd be decent though.

Works...kind of...
I did not realize you were on here mr thumbs. Will you be getting new alloys?

Oh hai x.

I onced owned a Clio back in the day. It got much love on here lol.

A mate of mine has some Merc AMG 17" 5 spokes on his van that he wants shot of. Was gonna try them on it.

Works...kind of...
I hai thar update!

I raised it last week before I fit some kind under side protection and drop it further, so it currently looks like this, it's only slight but enough to now be practical on local roads.

P1000212Web.jpg

These arrived:

P1000175Web.jpg

P1000182.jpg

So from this:

P1000169Web.jpg

P1000187Web.jpg

To this:

P1000183Web.jpg

P1000188Web.jpg

P1000191.jpg

My new awesome friend: (built not bought y0)

P1000177Web.jpg

De-badged the arse, from this:

P1000193Web.jpg

To this:

P1000213Web.jpg

chumpmobile
Looks good man. Maybe you should tint the rear lights so they are solid red? And lose that ghey numberplate surround. Those merc wheels look banging!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Always wanted an A4 this shape! They look good with the right wheels.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
IM CLEARLY GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THE HELPERS OUT MINE... CHEERS FOR MAKING MORE WORK FOR ME :(

Works...kind of...
No need to shout. ;) Isn't my fault you were silly and didn't take them off before fitting them lol.

I was thinking about taking the bump stops off as well. Decided I'd let the coils bed in for a month or two before I went down that route though.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont have bump stops on mine.. but if i take the helpers out ill put some in just to soften the rise a lil bit as ill never get low enough to go to the bottom without the helpers without A) hitting the gorund and 2) neding to notch the chasis

Works...kind of...
Yeah true. I'm surprised my drive shafts didn't hit the chassis when we first fitted the suspension. Never checked the clearance though, could have been a couple mm for all I know.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Im another running helper-less...prob gives youi an extra 20mm to play with. :)

Works...kind of...
Im another running helper-less...prob gives youi an extra 20mm to play with. :)

Do not want... Oh wait!

P1000189Web.jpg

Do not have. ;)

When I first fitted them on the car it must have been dropped about 120mm and the coils still had about 45mm of thread left on them. :cool:

Works...kind of...
Threw a bucket of water over it and deep cleaned the wheels a couple days ago.

5796378722_698e3fdd33_b.jpg

IMG_8642 by 2Thumbs, on Flickr

Also fitted some £5 eGay special bulbs for main beam. Was expecting them to be piss poor, but they actually match the HID's great. :D