ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rescuing my 182

Well i've been lazy recently and the Clio hasn't had much love !

I've still yet to fit the Hoses they are in my trolley at work , lol not doing much stopping there but they will be going , hopefully either soon or just after Christmas !

Unfortunately for me work parking changes have now seen my car moved , but now onto a private compound which is safer , but right opposite a steels works, never been a issue till they have recently mentioned they had a malfunction in there extractor/chimney and its fired a load of iron filing into the air :mad:

Ive used this as a good excuse to clean my clio proper in the crappy weather as I've been putting it off !

Also recently bought a Snow Foam lance off Dan on here thought its another good excuse !

Got some of Car pros Iron X as i was told its the best , and oh god its good but the smell .....

Heres some photos

Before

3DD073C1-8C3A-49D6-BEAE-F1402E9372B8_zpsvbrook9a.jpg

F5AA20B1-37A9-4100-8A40-9D48B0F64751_zpsklbrqw5e.jpg

BE458310-21F2-4A54-BD2C-FBE31898052F_zpse8bkbxuu.jpg

6EEED039-204A-4EC6-BD3C-91F59ADCF330_zps2evvoqh3.jpg

D6A0EA69-C3EF-4BC1-B201-C4443F43B001_zps9iav73ht.jpg

2D7848D2-F505-470D-B5BD-0CB24EA4DCDA_zpsr7dymjde.jpg

Then on with the iron X seams there was a fair bit !

0B1241F4-588B-4245-ABC1-45FB8DA3A8A7_zpsty42wp6z.jpg

11353992-68C8-4325-8C46-EDF1F81B33E7_zpslio77thv.jpg

CA7D58F1-0DD0-455E-A72A-EF68DBAC0DDC_zpsm4r1lre4.jpg

B522FD6E-E2FC-40F4-8B60-CDF81B993CDC_zpsmzdzno1y.jpg

33D5AD76-CB38-429B-A6A5-9FCA2799CB59_zpsuzcpqu6s.jpg

C5B16385-BFD4-40FA-80C6-26920289A461_zps5wxkl8h7.jpg

EFA6EDCD-7F27-467E-8FB1-63BAE59A600A_zpseihlifuf.jpg

F6B8FC57-9A37-4971-9D14-D3BBE2B089A8_zps4x6yspqv.jpg

And now a few of it all clean !

69267312-717F-430E-BB1C-88A76DBA2746_zpsp6p89d66.jpg

E3998BAF-7C23-4A98-8D21-8E82FD451348_zpskogznwu1.jpg

And one with my proper camera

DSC_086211_zps752b5e18.jpg

Only used cheap snow foam so thats next on the list of things to be got :D

47EDCC5A-0EA5-435B-98F0-47F8CA2345A6_zpswc9nmiqa.jpg

EFEE74A7-F1FC-4B04-A866-F8A6257A919A_zpsvoau7z1x.jpg

Hopefully ill actually do something soon lol

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Awesome thread from the start! Got myself a nice iceberg 172 last month but usual crack, money but no time/time but no money. Look forward to the next posts!

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Not too much to do to be fair. Little bits. Headlights need restoring which I will do as soon as I get a gap in the weather, and it's got gloss black wheels. Not sure if I'm going to go for turinis or just recolour. Maybe a lowering too. Other than that it's just wanting to get out and spend some time with it.

Not too much to do to be fair. Little bits. Headlights need restoring which I will do as soon as I get a gap in the weather, and it's got gloss black wheels. Not sure if I'm going to go for turinis or just recolour. Maybe a lowering too. Other than that it's just wanting to get out and spend some time with it.

Sounds good mate ! They are amazing fun , smiles per miles is something you will never get bored of!!

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Sounds good mate ! They are amazing fun , smiles per miles is something you will never get bored of!!

gave it a good clean today, unfortunately rain didn't hold off long enough to attack the headlights, tried to upload pics on my own thread but it just won't have it. Either that or I'm going the wrong way about it! Got a few days off now so hopefully get some quality time with it. Loving every little drive though.

gave it a good clean today, unfortunately rain didn't hold off long enough to attack the headlights, tried to upload pics on my own thread but it just won't have it. Either that or I'm going the wrong way about it! Got a few days off now so hopefully get some quality time with it. Loving every little drive though.

Haha I've got some sandpaper ready attack mine in all grades just having time atm, the 3m kit was good but just didn't get them mint , as for the thread mate try go into the projects and new post at the top, if not PM a admin they may help ! :D

Today I had that dreaded message , insurance is due :( great at Christmas :/

But needs a must , my renewal came through £880 which is stupid as it's £79 more than last year :S but greenlight gave me a good quote of £650 :)

Rang to cancel with HIC and they said they would try and match it , managed to get it for £599 , not bad really 23 fully comp, all mods declared,with 3 years no claims :D

Got courtesy car if needed , and key care as it has a stupid alarm lol dead happy with that :)

Last edited:

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Haha I've got some sandpaper ready attack mine in all grades just having time atm, the 3m kit was good but just didn't get them mint , as for the thread mate try go into the projects and new post at the top, if not PM a admin they may help ! :D

Today I had that dreaded message , insurance is due :( great at Christmas :/

But needs a must , my renewal came through £880 which is stupid as it's £79 more than last year :S but greenlight gave me a good quote of £650 :)

Rang to cancel with HIC and they said they would try and match it , managed to get it for £599 , not bad really 23 fully comp, all mods declared,with 3 years no claims :D

Got courtesy car if needed , and key care as it has a stupid alarm lol dead happy with that :)

Any things better than the current state of them. They look like someone's spilled tea all over them! That's a great quote on insurance. Mines £925 but got no claims. Not looking forward to the call when I let them know all the mods I've planned have been fitted. Sussed the whole tread thing anyway. In media under new 172.

Any things better than the current state of them. They look like someone's spilled tea all over them! That's a great quote on insurance. Mines £925 but got no claims. Not looking forward to the call when I let them know all the mods I've planned have been fitted. Sussed the whole tread thing anyway. In media under new 172.

Just subscribed bed mate I'll have a good read through that :) !

It depends who your with , mods are a sore subject but if you get the right people it's no issues , I added a few things on this time and it's still come down £200

plus its it's a huge risk running it without saying , most insurance companies don't wanna pay out so why give them a reason not too!

Well hopefully tomorrow we be a nice a productive day, got a Set of Discs and Pads to do on a Toyota Aygo in the morning then all being well , I'm going to try and fit the Braided Brake lines I've had sitting about , got all the tools and some fluid so see how it goes :)

Well The Aygo went to plan , so I made a start on the 182 :)

Im very impressed with the build quality of the braided hoses , and having never had them fitted to a car before was keen to see/feel the benefits :)

To my amazement everything went fairly well, no rounded brake pipes, no stupidly tight hoses/nipples ,

Everything just worked how it should which is rare for a car that has done 100k , but a pat on the back for Renaults build quality!

The old hoses came off well , was quite surprised they weren't that tight in the Caliper, but the new ones are nice and good ! Few before and after pics

Before the old hose

AEFD6B64-EFDF-46DE-8E86-4586BD8B89EA_zpsufq0qhad.jpg

After the new fitted :)

6F9093B7-835C-4214-863B-E8BFF5F1E60B_zpsz2xezcxe.jpg

and the otherside

D8465E00-E251-4815-8FE2-B8B746DF1B7D_zpsbcboysht.jpg

Didn't get a before shot, I forgot lol!

Didn't get the chance fit the rears, time pretty short at the moment , but gave it a quick run make sure everything felt fine and was very happy, they feel a lot more positive , there's less travel on the pedal and when it's pressed down doesn't sink as much

Cant wait get the rears on now :)

Last edited:
Right after F'ing and blinding I'm going to buy a Audi touch up and touch in the scuff , it's not as bad as I first though !

Now I've taken delivery of a Fuel rail cover and ordered a Top inlet manifold ! I'm going to spray both of these before I fit them , question is what colour to go for, Gloss red to match the brakes , or gloss black ?

let me know what you guys think ?

Well I've been collecting a few cheap bits ATM, but OCD has kicked in like normally , I don't know why but for some reason I've lost the fuel rail guard for my Clio :S it's been missing a while but I didn't want to buy one cause I knew it would turn up then, well it hasn't , so I saw one going on eBay , out it on the watch list and forgot about it !

Haha I missed it :( but luckily it didn't sell at 99P lol so a deal was struck for £1.50+ postage and that was bought :) when it landed it was okay but needed a but of tidying up, so I thought I'd spray it up :) and then realised promptly that the rest of the bay would look pants !

Another post on here later had me another inlet manifold coming :) got it a few days ago and went quiet at work yesterday and today so spied my chance and cleaned them up, gave them a layer of paint to see what they look like , only had the rattle cans knocking about at work , so the manifold is Satin Black , and the fuel cover Silver!

Going to sort the engine mount and the rocker cover when I fit the two I've painted

I am by no means a painter , I usually shy away from paint , but I thought I'd give it a go this time ! Not to upset either lol

C3608368-45D5-434D-B851-6210122D3C39_zpskokrrwbt.jpg

2465BFFF-0B3A-480A-9D5B-4F308A2B7BBE_zpst0tvyhm8.jpg

It will do for now , once the black has dried fully I'm going to polish up the Renaultsport bit with some very fine sandpaper , see how they come out !

I let's have come out nicely , not perfect but pretty dam good :) going to get a new inlet gasket and then chuck them on soon :)

Also had my new sealant for the car delivered, I've been eying it up for a while , but it's £60 a pot :O and I don't have that spare for sealant lol

Over the Christmas period they are now selling sample pots of the Autobrite Hellshine Abyss for £8 + postage ! It's a 25ml pot , but apprently will cover the car 2x and apprently last up to 6 months a time ! So it should last me a year from a sample pot :) now need the rain to bugger off as I have some autobrite Snowfoam to try as well :)

2EB97167-5D73-46F9-9176-94B17DEF38A0_zpsecw4bv0c.jpg

2005 RB 182
What you gettin bud? I told a mate about your motor but the mileage put him off, i told him it shouldn't but you know how people can be.

What you gettin bud? I told a mate about your motor but the mileage put him off, i told him it shouldn't but you know how people can be.

Ive had a lot of interested but the mileage has bothered a few people, had a lad come look at it Sunday and he said he'd been see 4-5 at dealers and they were all rubbish compared !

Nice complement none the less :)

haha i I don't want to count my chickens mate so i should have it tomorrow and I'll show you ;) lol

Well as your all awear I have let the Clio go now!

:( it's gone to a very good home , we have been keeping in touch and he is giving it the same love I have !

Now, ive been holding on to showing it replacement , mainly because I've been having a few issues with the dealer :/ but I'm keeping the car regardless now so here you go!

image_zps942df8b9.jpg

image_zpsc077f5f0.jpg

It's a megane R26 with the lux pack! 48,000 miles ! It needs some love , but that as we all know i can supply in plenty !

I shall be starting a new project thread as I can't leave cars alone :D

Thank you you all for your comments and kind advice ! Hopefully I'll have as much luck with the meg as I did with the Clio :)

Bonny motor there!! That would be my move on from the 182. Hope it treats you well!

its a good motor dam sight better now I've owned it for a few weeks and started to get my way, have bits falling out my ass to fit and it's finally been cleaned

DSC_0192_1685_zps86ec9425.jpg

Megane5_1688_zps6bd6ba6b.jpg

loads happier with it! Still miss the Clio like crazy for its fun and readiness, plus the noise , the megane is very quiet which is weird for me !

Dre

Ph2 iceberg 172
Stunning car! I'll have to keep up with the new thread. Been motivational/inspirational to get cracking with mine.