ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rescuing my 182

Well had a phone call today , Renault want the car Tuesday for the full day to replace the headlight washer jet ! I've asked about the aux tensioner but once again no reply so sod them either going get the special jubilee clips out or take a trip to birchdown !

Other than that I've had a quiet few months on her ! Was watching a broken cup spoiler on eBay but went up to £80 :O for a broken one ! And it was black lol oh well eyes and ears open lol !

Well had a bit of time and a Sunday to myself ! Got a little rainy at the end ! But the Titty was a dirty girl so it needed to be done !

Photo crazy I know :(

Sorry !

On the bright side , I have spoken to a friend we are arranging for the car to be fully detailed in the next couple of weeks or month !

Ive done a bit myself but he's the dogs at it !

I get carried away so didnt go too mental this time ! Gotta say forgot how much I love Tar remover , spent ages down the doors ! I could literally cleany car for hours !! But I had to have a word with myself !

Not straightened the plate up yet but soon I shall !

956DCA76-F869-4C6B-9EDA-53E846E465B4-1186-0000005A26F27E24_zpsb623f0e2.jpg

4E12E394-CD64-458B-BE60-4B779A5FA88D-1186-0000005A22E3FD97_zps79d1a523.jpg

CEB56FE9-45B7-46CC-BDDF-BC2EF3BCCAC1-1186-0000005A1DBF1B65_zps78b11e07.jpg

79692050-B230-4050-AC89-D7006DE3CE1B-1186-0000005A0E040C22_zps3a6517a4.jpg

CE657348-8550-4DA8-B944-6E5BF2CA517F-1186-0000005A08DB3392_zps5e990e35.jpg

2E86D0F4-8F0D-4021-AE8C-BFBAB6D059F3-1186-0000005A017A25AD_zps046d2d1d.jpg

03EC98A6-2E89-439C-A7B0-80FA5A1EE6EC-1186-00000059EE273ED2_zps31d74ace.jpg

D4AABA91-E3C7-43AC-8973-889115B4F2F9-1186-00000059C41D6394_zps2569bda8.jpg

34963C12-719C-4E16-96F5-0D56FAD43828-1186-00000059BF462FF5_zpsd844f670.jpg

sorry about the crap iPhone camera and my terrible camera skills ! I need to busy the proper camera out just didnt get time !

Clio 1.2
Looks good!
I suggest going at it with a clay bar and a machine polish I always get a deep shine off it :)

Looks good!
I suggest going at it with a clay bar and a machine polish I always get a deep shine off it :)

Yeah I'm no good with the clay bar my friend is so he's going to run up and down it :) hopefully come out pretty well ! Even though is on 98k still got fairly decent bodywork !

Still quite like the front end re painting to make it better :)

plate is still wonky :banghead:

I did mention it at the start of the post lol ! Need to remove it and stick it down fully ! I have the stuff at work just need get 5 been crazy ! Lol

Well today has been a pretty mental one !

Dropped the Clio off at renault for the headlight washer , didnt hear a peep do assumed it would be ready for 5, walked over from work, happy it's all been fitted FOC and save me a but if hassle !

Been told keep my eyes on them, but should be okay :)

Also over the moon as I've passed my MOT Examination so all ready now wooo ! Which hopefully comes with a pay rise so more bits for the Clio Hahaa !

Payday soon so ill but some new bits , still thinking of the new style RS badge for the rear :)

Clio 1.2
Well today has been a pretty mental one !

Dropped the Clio off at renault for the headlight washer , didnt hear a peep do assumed it would be ready for 5, walked over from work, happy it's all been fitted FOC and save me a but if hassle !

Been told keep my eyes on them, but should be okay :)

Also over the moon as I've passed my MOT Examination so all ready now wooo ! Which hopefully comes with a pay rise so more bits for the Clio Hahaa !

Payday soon so ill but some new bits , still thinking of the new style RS badge for the rear :)

IIRC the new style badges are 40 quid from Renault so try to find one in a scrap yard or ebay...

It is FINALLY payday wooooooo !

​I've been struggling a little bit recently with saving for my holiday to America , I've not spent as much as I usually do on the Clio !

I've been pricing up the alloy refurb , although they are a bit daft a few places have emailed me circa £300+ which I think is very extreme !

Think they are going anthracite , bit still not 100% yet !!

Second thing I've decided is Im going to paint the brake calipers to tart them up a little ! Thinking Ferrari Red , as I can get the paint cheap ! Anybody have any other colour suggestions?? All welcome of course !!

And my last thing is , I was searching around and came across a very nice seller darkbluesheep who was selling a RS tuner at a very respectable price , it is a old edition so doesn't run pop and bang ! Not that I'm that fussy to be honest I only wanted the 98 RON map, so after a few emails we sorted it out and it was on its way !

I said I wouldn't purchase a second hand one as it was more cost effective to get one new but at that price we agreed it made it worth while going second hand !

Got it plugged in today and got all the codes , going give it some time see how I am for money towards the end of the month ! New York is bumming me ATM £300+ a month so trying to keep everything else down!

If not itll be next month for the unlock code and map !

null_zps64c586c3.jpg

Woooop !

Also going to see how I fair and maybe get the new RS badge for the back ! We shall see :) excited for the remap now want it sorted :) opinions welcome please

Well ive had a long quiet month really !

I will say sorry to FEZ already i STILL havent sorted my reg plate :( lol it will be done soon just need to get on to it !! also this may get pic heavy again sorry !

Well nice weather here in stoke and i couldnt miss an opportunity to go clean her :D

ive not really been able to get water down from my flat to the garden, but i got annoyed and went spend a few pound on a 30 metre hose and a hozelock for the taps ! best money ive spent for a long time !!

I decided to clean out and in , give her a good going over ! cant wait for the RS tuner map when i get paid not long now woo !!

Any whoo heres some nice photos lol

DSCF3634_zps0f708e32.jpg

DSCF3641_zps681ef3ea.jpg

DSCF3652_zpse2e66e03.jpg

DSCF3657_zpsa742c0e2.jpg

DSCF3662_zps003db6f0.jpg

DSCF3665_zps055862d5.jpg

DSCF3683_zps170a13ed.jpg

DSCF3687_zps3bb4ca6a.jpg

DSCF3693_zpsa8d4575f.jpg

98k and the back seats are like new :D

DSCF3697_zps9a5a5511.jpg

Hopefully next month ill be able to get some of the stuff ive been planning , im thinking red paint for the brakes and i keep saying dark antracite alloys , also first on the list is ofc the RS tuner Map and also the new style badge!

Comments are always welcome ! Next itll be hitting 100k :O

Thanks for looking Dean

Hi all ! Nothing major yet ! It's payday Friday so I'm going to order the remap from henk at For the RS tuner ! :) can't wait get that sorted !

Also found out today work have been selling a load of detailing stuff for ages and I didn't know :/ I also get all of this at cost price :D winner !

So I've been a little crazy today and decided that I'm going to have a go at clay barring it and waxing myself ! Seen it done a few times and also watched a few comprehensive guides !

So £30 later

null_zps0679934b.jpg

This load was mine ! The actual clay bar kit is only £15 to me so I was pretty damn happy ! :)

Also got some intensive tar remover ( love that stuff works wonders on silver cars ) , tyre shine , and some meguiars ultimate polish !

Spotted in the cabinet a bottle of meguiars Plast-Rx as well , it clears up oxidised and cloudy head lights , and was like £2.80 ! My head lights aren't that bad but at the top near the indicators you can see they are cloudy , so thought why not !

So just waiting on the next good Sunday I have to myself to crack on really ! Can't wait to go crazy cleaning it ! Silver is a hard colour to get any reward when cleaning but hopefully it should help ! :)

any comments & advice very welcome ! Cheers

Dean

Payday tomoz :D

Also with going with darker wheels soon also dropped on these cheap

null_zpse4ff3991.jpg

got them nice and cheap so will be banging them on soon, just need to decide to buy a set of cup wheels or referbish mine :S dont know yet !

​Opinions ?

Well I was supposed to be seeing the missus tonight but she's not feeling great so I stayed at home ! And I can't leave bits just sitting around can I ?

Before

null_zps0b1a5cce.jpg

After

null_zps7abb1747.jpg

null_zps759701ce.jpg

null_zps3b5af7ed.jpg

Really like them :) just need sort the wheels now ! Good excuse haha

Well today's been a CRAZY one hahaha

Got the email this morning from henk ! (Amazing only sent it 7 pm last night , 8am delivered )

Had all the relevant info and set at remapping it , all went though fine was absolutely pooing it ! But I can report it went on fine no issues what so ever and well anybody that hasn't done it , you MUST! It's not just the way it pulls the car drives so smooth now ! I've got no pops or bangs at all ! So slightly gutted as it did sound great but driving it and a proper map is more important !

And also I set about having a good detailing session with a few friends , my first attempt at clay barring a car , I use to wash and on the odd occasion polish , never heard of wax and clay , my life is now complete !

We all know silver is incredibly hard to get a good result , but even them I'm baffled I got such a good effect :) will be doing that again :)

I took over 60 odd photos but I won't force you lot to look at them all :) ill post a couple after this post :)

Just a quick update :D

Not really done to much , saving up to get the wheels done anthracite ! or buy a DSLR havent decided which yet lol ;)

Ive had a few bulb related issues :S the side light has started flashing :/ so i guess the LED is on its way out , need a new one and the indicator bulb has also decided to stop working :(

Luckily i emailed the company on ebay who i bought them off and explain and they have VERY kindly offered to send me a new set FREE OF CHARGE lol i know they are only a few quid but thats is cracking service right there

The company is uk_bulb_co on ebay, as i feel they deserve a pat on the back !!

Also bought myself a new rear numberplate lamp as the old one went all s**tty and kept flickering

null_zps7aadd657.jpg

Before

null_zps4ce0ea9f.jpg

After

null_zps9454c3ba.jpg

Loads better , only bad thing was i plugged in my LED bulb from the old one and its died :/ need a new one as well ! bloody bulbs :/ !!!

Also ive helped a friend out with a Set of rear springs on his clio, supplied and fitting them on the cheap as hes a bit on his arse atm , but the good fortune has been returned as he gave me this , now its no meguairs Dual action but for free i will give it a go !!

null_zpsa2abbe61.jpg

Its only a cheap one but it will help i am sure ! he has never used it just opened and looked at it lol!

And because everyone keeps telling me its the way forward on silver cars ..

null_zpse493da1c.jpg

Bought some Finish Kare FK1000p sealant to use :D

So all in all not a bad effort

Plenty more to come !!

And to add, ive left posting about the RS tuner 98 ron map i fitted a couple of weeks ago , i wanted to get a few miles under its belt before claiming its a million times better !

So ive done two odd weeks with it on driving work home everywhere etc to see if there really is a difference !!

First off , Well all i can say is if you dont have this on your car, you are missing out ! its biblical , literally amazing, my first impressions were not the difference in power but how smooth the revs seamed to be, when you let off the throttle whilst pulling up to a junction, mine use to be rather jerky and it was kind of , on off , now its completely different , let off and roll up its smooth no jumpy jerky motions loovely :D

Second off , the mpg is it any better really? well i normally kill a tank in 1 and a half weeks to 2 weeks driving around to work , missus' and the pub ! obviously it depends how i drive the car to what i get , ive seen anywhere between 23-29mpg combined , usually i get between 180-220 miles out of a tank

The maps been on for two weeks and i filled up that day on Shell Vpower Nitro +, and I have not by any means drove it conservatively as i wanted to test the car (had a play with my mates Type R more on that later ) I now at this moment have a combined of 250 miles under its belt with another 58 according to the trip (but id like to say i dont trust these) which equates to the one full bar above the red left !! Not bad at all imo as its not been driven kindly , very happy with that !!

Power - well there's disputes saying it makes no more power than standard , which could well be true and maybe a placebo effect , but the way the car pulls is a complete different animal , its so much better to drive day to day, you have to worry about getting up high in the revs to the magical 5k kick to overtake or go around , it pulls hard straight from 2k to the new limiter of 7.5k (which i don't use scared cat)

As stated before the map i had a play with my friends type R , well looked after service , and has a AEM typhoon V2 induction , before we were pretty much neck and neck and to be honest after a while , he pulled a little on me !

Now we were having a play the other night ! ( all sensible nothing silly dont worry) and i was literally letting off the throttle behind him , when given the chance i left him and pulled a good length on his ! He was in no way amused and told me to remove the map straight away haha !!

But that to me says that maybe its more than a placebo effect this really does the job !

So to summarise , if you want your car to be better on fuel , more powerful , more fun and beat your friends type R this is a MUST !! lol

Comments welcome please more the merrier :D

Well clio is filthy ! :/ and I've had a eventful few days !

Took my old man out for fathers day and had a little play with what looked like either a seat Leon Cupra or Leon FR , looked like a Cupra but I know little about them ! Had a play and pulled a good length on him to my suprise and he was giving it some as I could see him all over the road ! Lol

Lol well any way , dropped him off , no issues, but when I got home my car was making a bloody strange noise , it sounded very terminal :/ got in at 11.30 pm Sunday night , open the bonnet got the jack out haha ! Much to my mothers disbelief , immediately realised with the bonnet open its nothing there , had fears of it throwing the aux belt even thought its new etc !

Realised the noise was further back near the wheel passenger side which I knew exactly what had happened , a exhaust under shield had given up and dropped on causing the metal rattle and banging !

So left the shield and went work the next day , over the pit fitted a few new clips to hold it up ! Fingers crossed its been fine since !!

Also been able to find what I believe is the insufferable rattle on idle , doesn't always happen and it's only since I fitted the decat ! It's been driving me up the wall! I know there's a very minor leak from the front I need some silicon sealer , but while making sure the clamps are tight the rattle appeared , and I quickly noticed on the lambda rear sensor , the wiring loom had a metal circle half way along which is rattling against the heat shield and causing a noise like you wouldn't believe ! Moved it and its gone :D thank god !

New goodies are , well the indicator bulb that stopped working , my new one has landed and its in :) can't recommend enough :)

null_zps4fc269fe.jpg

And also , the Finish Kare FK1000p has landed :D

null_zps9f254703.jpg

Looking forward to getting this on and seeing the results :) !

​Thanks for looking !

Hi all , thanks for reading again , this car is becoming a bit of a obsession :/

Lol well i went to see Robbie Williams and Olly Murs last night in Manchester , nice steady run out in the Clio , was about 110 miles round trip and pleased to report not a single issue there and back thank god, even got average 33 to the gallon sitting in the traffic and back on the run ! happy !!

Well i left today booked off and missus had to go work , haha :p so i set about mowing the grass and looked at the clio in its messy sad state and decided now is the time i have all day to clean the titty and use this new sealant :D FK1000P than everyone raving about !!

Pleased to report after the first wash the clio is still awesome under neither all the crap , the polish and wax from last time did a sterling job :D

So spent a hour washering her off doing the basics , very impressed with the car to be honest , its done nigh on 100k now and its got stone chips but is still going strong !!

So after the bath here is how it stood

null_zps2f4a8e72.gif

null_zps2025fdf0.gif

Andd Started with the Finsh Kare 1000P , its weird as ive never used a paste before , only ever used a liquid wax, this being a sealant is different , i got the applicator damp as recommended and used the paste very lightly over the car !!

null_zps8e512bfc.gif

Also polished the door lock with some autosol been driving me insane all black and stained looked awful really let the car down !!

null_zps52717875.gif

The once the Sealant had hazed off i got the buffing machine out , i think i should have really left the sealant on for longer but ill try that next time ! Still very imoressed with the results :D

Comments welcome please

DSCF3733_zpsaa05a491.gif

DSCF3730_zpsad0d3c04.gif

DSCF3727_zps2bdbf592.gif

DSCF3726_zps69572118.gif

DSCF3710_zpsddd3bb9d.gif

DSCF3708_zps8c247396.gif

null_zps9fdde1ad.gif

null_zps2ea2a2a5.gif

null_zps5f7a7344.gif

null_zpsf99e06b0.gif

null_zps4c9e1ba2.gif

null_zps354e0380.gif

Very happy with the results :D

Last edited:
Afternoon all !

Im going to have to start saying sorry these constant little update with little things lol im prob doing everybody's head in :/

Well just little one id fitted my new rear number plate lamp as the old one was flickering and full of water :S i put the LED bulb in and that gave up lol so i ordered a new one ! Much better !!

Before

null_zps7059c48c.jpg

After

null_zpsa74c6728.jpg

Although strangely im liking the yellow a little haha :/ still like the LED clearness !

And while i was there a good bit of beading

null_zpsbd0602e0.jpg

null_zpsb5148160.jpg

Everybody looooves the beading !!

I have also made the decision its about time i bought myself a DSLR , im really beginning to like photography , its becoming a hobby i quite enjoy ! im crap at it, but im sure with practice itll come !!

I wanted a DSLR for the car shows as well as new york with the missus etc ! so after a good look around i contacted a member on here and the deal was struck !!

null_zps337ab110.jpg

null_zps145d10e1.jpg

null_zpsae6cfb71.jpg

Hopefully from now on my photos should be a little better quality !! lol

​Thanks for reading !!

DSLR has landed :D its awesome !

Still getting used to the camera and how it works , im by no means a good photographer , but im really loving it :D

Made a point of getting a few of the Clio tonight but the light was down so it was hard :/ so be gentle lol

DSC_0072_16_zps687c4768.jpg

DSC_0068_14_zps25330293.jpg

DSC_0064_10_zps58eab40e.jpg

DSC_0061_8_zps961d7655.jpg

DSC_0060_7_zps19b37fcf.jpg

DSC_0059_6_zps6e0421e6.jpg

A random bit of beading

null_zpsdefb7d65.jpg

And the missus' cat Toby lol

DSC_0058_5_zpsf4b2241f.jpg

Hope you all like the photos :D Wheels soon and a cup spoiler !

Just spent a few penny's at the moment :) bought a smaller aerial off eBay and it was supposed to me a Honda S2000 one , instead I didn't bother reading the advert and its a small one to fit a S2000 :/

so it got delivered today and i was very surprised at how little it is lol ! Fitted it anyway see how I get on !!

null_zps00a33720.jpg

opinions ?

Also got some Ferrari Red high temp brake caliper paint on its way ! Next job ;)

been thinking about hub-centric wheel spacers as well can't decide if they are worth it :/ lol

Expect photos Saturday as me and few friends are going Japfest on Sunday so will be minting the clio Saturday ! :) and hopefully showing up at the west mids meet Monday :) all go :)

After a few back and forward phone calls to a mate , 10th of August the wheels should be getting sprayed !
:) wooooooooooo

Lad I know is doing them £35 a wheel so happy with that ! :)

Going to clean it tomoz and get it ready for clio west mids meet Monday night !

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate, looking very tidy. I'd like to see the sticker removed from the bootlid and a new style RS badge would really freshen it up.

Enjoyable read and very tidy car, keep the updates coming.

Thank you :D going to give it a good clean tomorrow and go over it a few times, want to have it sorted , i hate a dirty car lol !

Nice mate, looking very tidy. I'd like to see the sticker removed from the bootlid and a new style RS badge would really freshen it up.

Cheers buddy , half way there with you , im defiantly going for the new badge, just waiting for the right price as i begrudge paying nearly £40 for a badge :mad:

But i need to price one up at renault with staff discount !

Which sticker you mean mate the KTR ? i quite like that :eek: lol

Last edited:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Thank you :D going to give it a good clean tomorrow and go over it a few times, want to have it sorted , i hate a dirty car lol !

Cheers buddy , half way there with you , im defiantly going for the new badge, just waiting for the right price as i begrudge paying nearly £40 for a badge :mad:

But i need to price one up at renault with staff discount !

Which sticker you mean mate the KTR ? i quite like that :eek: lol

I'm sure someone sells them on here for about £30. Yeah the KTR one, but I just don't like stickers in cars in general. Your car though buddy do what you like with it :)

I'm sure someone sells them on here for about £30. Yeah the KTR one, but I just don't like stickers in cars in general. Your car though buddy do what you like with it :)

There was but I missed the cut off and they were all sold ! :(

Yeah I think are love or hate ! If I get bored always peel them off I suppose :)

To Add insult to injury I have a Cliosport West Midlands sticker on its way haha

Well as mentioned , all being well im going to go the Clio West Midlands meet Monday so i thought id use my spare time to clean the car today !

Apart from becoming very sun burnt Not good for 26 degrees at Japfest tomoz) :( im over the moon with it ! :D

My Sticker came , it went on as I pulled the backing sticker off , it ripped the sticker in half :mad: FFS so ill order another i guess :/ SAKE !!

Well here a few photos from my clean, no doubt that photobucket will KILL the quality but ill try :D

DSC_0108_42_zps4053bd46.jpg

DSC_0097_41_zpsd9501259.jpg

DSC_0093_40_zps2b8444db.jpg

DSC_0072_38_zpsf1f588e9.jpg

DSC_0070_37_zps888b9826.jpg

DSC_0062_36_zps9bdc7b27.jpg

DSC_0061_35_zpse19b8ab5.jpg

DSC_0060_34_zpse1f3e5c1.jpg

DSC_0051_31_zps1165b985.jpg

DSC_0050_30_zps2ff8f487.jpg

DSC_0049_29_zps9f87eea3.jpg

DSC_0048_28_zps38ebd5e6.jpg

​I took quite a few but that was the best selection :D very happy with it :D cant wait for the wheels to be done now !!

Epic car man! tad bit jealous. Also now wanting a proper DLSR Camera! photos are mint!

Like you said add a cup spoiler! wanting to do that to mine, the rear ends look awesome and wide at the bottom but at the top it just seems to slim out and meh? Cup spoiler to me would fatten the top out and complete it.

That's my opinion on it anyway, a dude who doesn't even own a proper sport haha! Either way we should defo go with a cup spoiler ;)