ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i can't get my wheels off

This post is going to make me sound like a r****d but i can't get the wheels off my 182.

Should there be something in the toolkit to remove the screws in the centre disc? (the one with the Renault logo on) I've tried three different sets of allen keys but they are very slightly too small and just turn inside the screw heads.

BMW M135i
Yep you should have a plastic tool that fits the anti theft bolt on the cap. I didn't get one with my current clio but had one with the previous one was under the plastic former in the locking nut box, just went back to the dealers and explained and they gave me one.

Lionel Richie
sorry, but LMAO!!!

that plastic cap pulls off mate (there's a tiny hole that you put the hook in and its pulls off!)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
LMAO im still not sure if this thread is a wind up??? Made me laugh anyway, just pull it off with that metal clip this in the poxy renault jack kit. :)

Odds on the next post is "i've got the cap off and all the wheelbolts out but the wheels are stuck on" I had to beat the f**k out of mine to get them off when i fitted my coilovers the other week.

Loony said:
Odds on the next post is "i've got the cap off and all the wheelbolts out but the wheels are stuck on" I had to beat the f**k out of mine to get them off when i fitted my coilovers the other week.

Steel/iron & ally dont mix. They react and corrode together. It's a common problem and the solution is smearing grease on there before you mate the wheel back to the hub.