ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I don’t understand...

Weeman sucks ****

This may have been covered many times before so apologies if it bores but why do the cliosport models look so god damn high as standard?

Just walked down the road to take the post and saw a cup, my god it looked like it was jacked up! On the way back I saw a new golf gti, civic type r, mini, C2 vts and none of them looked as high as the cup did. Even the ST170s dont look oddly high.

Does anyone know why Renault do this? I await the I dont like slammed cars comments lol.

Bare in mind this is a trackday biased car to.

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 4/25/2005 4:36:11 PM]

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Yeah they are higher but I dont think theyre terribly high.

Seems to be a trend with French cars. My VTS is fairly high. Check my profile pics.

I laugh when drving behind a 106 (usually the Zest). They are stupidly high at the back.

Weeman sucks ****

Is it a safety thing, trend?

Not saying they have to be like a hoover from the factory but at least look a bit squat.

Yaris Hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 25 April 2005

Just walked down the road to take the post and saw a cup, my god it looked like it was jacked up! On the way back I saw a new golf gti, civic type r, mini, C2 vts and none of them looked as high as the cup did. Even the ST170s dont look oddly high.

Does anyone know why Renault do this?
Out of that list which car handles the best?

I think that answers your question.

Weeman sucks ****

not at all i dont think, im sure the focus is superb but has no power although it is a heavier and bigger car, i used to drive a zetec and the chassis was brilliant.

cant comment on the others though

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 4/25/2005 4:45:35 PM]

also, why does my cup with H&Rs handle better than when it was standard?

133/225/CLS AMG

Ive never really noticed but now youve mentioned it I will and it will annoy me lol!

Maye its because the wheels on those other models are a bit bigger and fill the arches more, the ST170.Civic Tyore-R all have 17" wheels.

Since I put the 17s on my 172 it doesnt look high.....well maybe a little at the front but the back looks ok. :D

v6 mk2

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 25 April 2005

not at all i dont think, im sure the focus is superb but has no power although it is a heavier and bigger car, i used to drive a zetec and the chassis was brilliant.

also, why does my cup with H&Rs handle better than when it was standard? cos h & rs are the bees knees and renault were too tight to put them on as standard, they made the r/sports on a budget!!!! :cry:

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 25 April 2005
I know what you mean. I didnt notice it as first, but look at the line up....My 182s ass - 4th from the left looks well high. Didnt have a full tank of petrol at the time, mind. ;)D.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/Unzen74/DSCN0906.jpg

ur rite it looks higher than all the others!!

time to invest in coilovers me thinks :devilish:

[Edited by patty on 4/25/2005 6:54:24 PM]

also dont 182s have 17s where as cups have 16s??

Always thought the 182 had a higher back, never realised quite how much until I seen that pic above. Cups and 182s are both on 16" as standard.

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by cliov6-230 on 25 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 25 April 2005not at all i dont think, im sure the focus is superb but has no power although it is a heavier and bigger car, i used to drive a zetec and the chassis was brilliant.

also, why does my cup with H&Rs handle better than when it was standard?   cos h & rs are the bees knees and renault were too tight to put them on as standard, they made the r/sports on a budget!!!!   :cry:[/QUOTE]

lol, too true