ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I got a new car...couple of questions though?

Hi all,
I just purchased a ph1 172 and drove it home tonight,proper lively little car ;)

Couple of concerns though...1,when i got upto 70+ on the motorway,i noticed a slight vibration through the steering wheel and also a weird noise(it sounds like a vibration noise but deeper)it's not constant,just seems to come and go at speed.I know it's not the bearings and it's not a droning noise.Tyres maybe???

2,when i stop at a junction or lights,after a couple of seconds the whole car seems to shake mildly,the idle is not hunting and the needle doesn't go up and down,the best way to describe it and don't laugh,is...imagine you were holding a big dog on a lead and someone was calling it but you were holding it back,the power is there but it's not moving...i know weird,right?? put it in gear pull away and everything is fine:S

3, the steering wheel is not perfectly straight and wonder if the tracking/balancing is out(see concern no.1) but what would cause the noise???

Apart from that,the bodywork is mint and it's been recently serviced,only 63,000 miles too :D

If the powers that be could shed some light on my situation,i'd be a happy chappy,thanks.

Renault Clio 172 cup
1. Sounds like wheel balancing or possibly wheel bearing.
2. Engine mount maybe?
3. Tracking obviously.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Get your wheels balanced as said above.

Maybe you've got uprated mounts fitted causing more vibration?