ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I got myself a Willie!

At last, after a load of travelling and hasstle I got a Williams 2. Low Milage, 1 owner & immaculate condition. The only probs are the alloys are kerbed (not badly) and after 370miles the magex has made me deaf. Ill get some pics up but you all know what a Willie looks like anyway. There is a few rattles but im sure i can sort them and there is strange noises from the passenger footwell area. God knows what it is but it only happens when lifting of the accelerator. Sounds like liquad going though a pipe. Its quite quick and handles very nicely, It still got the original tyres and once i get them replaced it should be even better. I think ill go and polish it (again)!:D

Its now 26,500, the guy I bought it off drove very carefully. Barely a stone chip. He had every receipt & mot. The tyres are on the very limit of being legal (err 1 could be over the limit), due to a lack of funds they will be staying that way for a while.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Go for 195/50/15 to replace the 185/55/15 as they are cheaper. Bridgestone SO3s cost me 48 quid a corner and Ive done 16k on them with 6mm left. Goodyear F1s are a bit cheaper then Toyos cheaper still. My car came with a different brand on every corner and handling was much better when I had same makes on all 4 wheels.

If its a whooshing noise from the passenger side dont worry. Dont know what its called but all Renaults have them, even my folks Renault Scenic. Sounds like a very mini turbo !!!

Also my car came witha Magnex when I got it but the noise was created by a K7N IK that the previous owner fitted. Very noisy. A Pipercross Viper or BMC CDA sealed IK would lessen this noise, protect IK from engine heat (as it is sealed and protected by carbon fibre) and also add BHP and Torque.

Hope you enjoy the Willy.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Carlos

Welcome to the wonderfull world of the Williams !! Still highly respected as one of the hottest hatches !!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy my powerhouse !! ;)

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Yeah it seems everyone strives for a Willy but gets the 16v instead because of Insurance. I know I did. Then pay a fortune getting a Willy engine put in. The madness !!!

Good skills its a great car. I like mine more every time I go out in it, you start to find that the feedback only really comes at ten tenths. If you can handle the rattles williams are amazing cant see me replacing it with another hatchback, fwd is done now! I put on a magnex to replace the exhaust that it came with because that was too loud and I was told the magnex wasnt too bad. But it still deafens me when on the motorway at 70-80. I am going to try replacing the two gaskets either side of the CAT and the downpipe to manifold sealing ring this weekend will let you know if that helps.

Cheers for the replies.

matbrown, it was Nathan, well his Dad. He seemed sad to see it go but by the sounds of it hell replace it soon. Very nice people.

My insurance is one of the reasons i got a willie as it is only £396 FC:D

I know someone that can get me tyres at cost but i cant even afford that at the moment. I may swap the fronts to the back for the time being. I only need to use it twice a week at the mo.

There is only a couple of rattles and the magnex is only noisy under 90mph so if I want peace ill have to drive fast!

Holy sh*t...that is effing cheap insurance. Who do you go thru? I am 25 and am paying close to £1,400 with 2 years no claims bonus . I have got it down t about £1,250 with tescos, but will try the tett hamilton guys tomorrow.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Sounds excellent Carlos :Dur gonna love it

brill also to c that the car has stayed with Cliosport.

Revels Mum & Sister

Am thinking of selling up very soon. And joining the willy club.

Around september time.

My 16V came with 4 different tyres. Going round a wet roundabout would slide across the road. f**king nightmare, nearly caught me out a few times. Got goodyear F1s all round and they grip like a b*****d.

Nice low mileage on yours mate!! Excellent!

My insurance is cheap because of where I live (Inverness). It cerainly attracts attention, and im glad im now part of the Big Willie Group.

The water sound, is, water stuck in the sill.. Everyone gets it - the drainage hole gets blocked and it has nowhere to go!

Daz.

Suzuki SV650

Daz - Anyway to get sort it out? Ive always wondered why it sounds like my car has been for a dip in the sea without me!

Drainage hole = where?

Trophy

If you look underneath the sill, on the inside of the lip there is a hole that gets blocked up, just blast it clear with some compressed air.

But move quickly or youll get soaked.

Mat.