ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I 'HartZ' My Clio SportZ - Progress

BG 182
Ok so Ive on here for a good number of years now and have never started one of these so its about time I pulled my finger out and show you all what I have worked on.

September 2007: Pearl Black FF172
This is where it all began for me, i purchased my first renault sport and absolutely loved it, having owned it for 2 years i spent quite a bit of money on it as, yes, I was in love.

Main spec included:
Anthracite speedline turini's
KW variant 2 coilovers
Simota enclosed induction kit

Unfortunately all of my pictures from when I purchased the car were on my old laptop and that was stolen last year, DOH! Anywho, here are some of the later pictures after the mods were finalised, and this is what she looked like just before I sold her...

67mseo.gif

2yjv502.gif

70857k.gif

2wbxrv9.jpg

33z8cq9.gif

9910dw.gif

The 172 made room for the next RS chapter, welcome.....

October 2009: Glacier White 197 (non-cup)
Completely standard, FRSH, 11k on the clock and 197hp's of pure entertainment!

29zet8m.jpg

vhgb3t.jpg

28wdjww.jpg

x1aykx.jpg

I owned the car for arouns 12 months which took me through to December 2010, unfortunately the time came to sell up as I lost my job. Gutted was not the word, I was jobless, and went from owning the best car I have ever had, to cycling around on a bicycle looking for work.

January 2011: New Job and saving £££
From January to March this year I managed to find a great job and started to save up some money for another car, after 2 horrible months of working long hours and cycling 16 miles every day I finally made enough money to put a healthy deposit down on this.. Enter 3rd Renault Sport clio...

March 2011: Black Gold 182 (non-cup packs)
So on saturday 26th march I finally picked it up! It had 48k on the clock, FRSH, both belts done and in completely mint condition for a 6 year old motor.

Here she is:

25oup7c.jpg

2s111ty.gif

16j093q.jpg

j76buf.jpg

30mlb4m.gif

24lv22g.jpg

1z3qgz4.jpg

Mods so far:
Interior dash strips and gear insert painted black
cup spoiler
RS Mats - In post
Rear strut brace - In post
Front plate to fit recess - Waiting to put on with private number plate

Plans for future:
Coilovers of some sort
Better breathing under the bonnet
White renault bullets and diamonds
Refurb wheels in white or 2118's in white
Ktec exhaust
Front strut brace

Looking forward to keeping this car for the next couple of years, hope you enjoyed reading my thread, will update as and when I new editions are added!

Comments welcome on what you think so far, and any improvements you would recommend, thanks for looking!

Dan

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Good work mate, testimony to how good Renault Sport Clios really are!

FYI - the standard 182 wheels look guff in white, go with the 2118's..

BG 182
Thanks Danny, would definately prefer the 2118's but some serious saving would be on the cards for those babies

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't do them white, they'll look awful.

Spend the money on a Cup splitter and spoiler instead.

BG 182
Small Update:

Silver visions fitted both ends
RS Mats fitted
Rear strut brace fitted

Looking at getting some coilovers and 2118's in the next couple of months, will get some pictures up during the week

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Lovely cars mate. Shame you had to give up the 197 :(

Although, you've done well to get back into a 182.

Played dude :)

Bad times about losing your job mate. But well in with the dedication and getting back on your feet again.

Love your old 172. Looks fantastic tbh.
Still not sure on 197's though, just something about them.
182 looks good though. Mk2 Clios were the best looking imo.

BG 182
UPDATE: April/May 2011

1. Silver visions fotted both ends
2. RS Mats fitted
3. Rear Strut Brace fitted

Pictures:

imjs3q.jpg

2rf58w0.gif

2rpb8sy.gif

erx020.gif

21l3omb.jpg

Have coilovers on order and they will be fitted in the next couple of weeks
Let me know what you guys think

Dan

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice bud, well done on pushing yourself. Ditto on the dash strips, more pics please!!!
Does the strut brace make much difference?

BG 182
Thanks bud, strut brace made a slight difference on the back end i would say! Ill post more pictures when the coileys are fitted in the next couple of weeks :)

MK5 Fiesta Zetec S
nice car and cars was it a step down from your 197 or not? as mentioned above great dedication with the push bike :)

BG 182
Thanks mate, i actually prefer the 182, the 197 was amazing dont get me wrong and i loved having the 6th gear! Prefer the looks and handling of the latest edition