ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate my cup...

I've discovered the secret.

Don't park in the sun, that way it's only going to be hot and not at melting point :rasp:

A.J

F360 BCGT 182
It should cool down for all you non AC guys tomorrow as we're meant to be having thunder storms!

Z4
I'm glad someone posted this, as my fondest memories of me in my Cup were in June/July as the roads were 100% dry, spanking it through the best B roads at speeds my Audi could only dream of...I'd forgotten about how sweaty it was lol! Orrible.

Rusty Cup
I drove of from the pub last night reached for the aircon (which i never do as hate sacrificing power for comfort) and after about 5mins i was like F**k me this aircon aint very good!! looked down to find i hadnt put the aircon on oh what classic jappery neadless to say hilarity ensued and mockery was both rife and afoot!!

I never use my aircon but when i neeed it, it is a life saver :) dogs die in non airconditioned cars remember!!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Well, having a cup must suck in the heat, I can either put the roof down on the s2k or use air con (but I'm not a homo so I'll have the roof down thanks), or both.

182 cup
Even with the fans set to cold, it still blows boiling hot air in!!

Still, wouldnt swap it for a "std" 172 :cool:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
The air con pump only weighs about 30kg. Best 30kg's I'm carrying round just now tbh.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
No, it weighs about 30kg. Difference between the Cup and 172 ph2 is 100kg in total. Leather and interior is about 10kg of the difference, 20kg in the wheels, 15kg in the ABS, 30kg in the air con, spare wheel is 10kgs at a guess which the 172s carry over the Cup and not sure what the final bit of weight is.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
No, it weighs about 30kg. Difference between the Cup and 172 ph2 is 100kg in total. Leather and interior is about 10kg of the difference, 20kg in the wheels, 15kg in the ABS, 30kg in the air con, spare wheel is 10kgs at a guess which the 172s carry over the Cup and not sure what the final bit of weight is.

Xenons (ballast packs, etc), sound proofing and thinner glass amongst other things.

Clio 172 Cup
I managed 45.2 MPG coming down the A19 today, seen all those Air Con folk topping up at the services. :rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I do agree with this.

But then remember you have to look at that dash ;)

Maybe that's why I don't crash? I tend to look at the road. Mind you, I'm not a ned. I imagine you have to have a nice dash if you spend all night in a mcd's carpark ;).

Westy. MX5
Reno should have gone further with weight reduction and left out power windows, power mirrors and CD/radio, rear wiper and sound insulation.

clio sport 172
Reno should have gone further with weight reduction and left out power windows, power mirrors and CD/radio, rear wiper and sound insulation.

agree'd, they should have, like a 106 rallye, now thats how it should be done, thats 1 reason i went for a clio 172 with a/c, nicer seats etc, i wouldnt want a more basic car when im only saving peanuts on weight.. i prefer mine with the extras. just my p.o.v obviously.