ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i have a stalling prob wiv clio 16v! help!

clio 182 FF + chipped
Can someone please help me. i brought my 1992 clio 16v 2 years ago now and sincei have owned it it cuts out on me after about 5 mins when its warmed up.Everytime the revs drop e.g. i change gear or brake and stop the engine stalls.:( It does make a hizzing noise as it stops.ive tried so many things ive changed the idle speed valve, rotor arm and dizzy cap, throttle postioner.And it still not cured and now my gearbox has started to leak! but apart from that its a minter and i love it! As im a girl garages seem to try rip me off so im hoping someone out there will no whats up with it as i dont really wanna get rid of it! but i cant drive it any where for longer than 5 mins! any help welcome thanks maria

easy.... coolant temp sensor. but there's two on the car. one that reads to the ecu, one that reads to the dash. make sure u get the ecu one. cant remember which is which. i think the ecu is the lower one. there on the side of the right side of the engine (middle of engine bay) think ones cream coloured if i remember right.

maria whats your location?

it may well be the iscv socket plug, check it has the metal retaining clip on.
open engine bay and push the socket on check for metal sprng retainer

clio 182 FF + chipped
my location is essex.

i will try this, how much do the coolant temp sensors cost roughly?

and that metal retaining clip has broken off and theres a bit of wire wrapped round it instead! where can i get one of them from?!

Last edited: