ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i have been misold a car from a renault garage

NEED V6!
just seems im getting very bad luck at the mo

first of all you might no me as i got my liquid yellow 182 with cup packs stolen and ruined a few months back

i got payed out for that and saw liquid yellow 182 for sale at a renault dealership online(masters of beckenham) which was advertuised with the cup packs so i thought i would snap it up and put a deposit down and arranged to go pick it up 2 weeks later,i went down there everything was fine and did the paperwork and then went out to see the car

it had cup spoiler and the anthracite wheels but i noticed it only had the standard spoiler,so i questioned the garage and wanted them to fully make sure it had the cup suspension because couldnt understand why it had the standard spoiler and was thinkin maybe the person who owned it before bought it standard and had anthracite wheels added and cup spoiler added also afterwards

the manager assured me it had the cup suspenion so i was happy enough and drove off,now ive had the car about 6/7 weeks and it just feels very soft compared to my old liquid yellow 182 which i ordered from new which has frustrated me sometimes when say driving it abit hard sometimes

i ave been to renault dealership near me so that they can have a look if its got cup supsension or not and they looked at it for 3 hours and had no idea

so i got advised to ring renault customer services to see what the car came with as new and they have just told me it came completely standard

so what to do now guys cuz this car has been misadvertised to me by renault dealership

i almost feel like giving it back to them

jon

Better than yours. C*nt.
You can do. More than likely though speak to them and ask for a refund of a decent amount (around £700-800 wouldn't be unreasonable) and they should be open for this sort of negotiation as long as they're half decent. Then use this money to get coilovers and polyurethane bushes. Win-win!

Maz

LY 200
Speak to the dealership tell them your not happy and ask them what your options are, if the you are not happy with the options given to you ring RUK and see what they will do.

Worth a shot.

you may know it, clio?
i think this... take it back to the dealer as a customer you have rights and they have been the was miss advertised, its in your rights to either exchange, keep or get a refund.

but because they have lied i think you should get a refund, who knows what else they would lie about? you dont want something else to pop up 6 months down the line...

sounds doggy if they assured you it was?

thats what i think anyway.

Illiad MkII V6
Simply take the car back to them with the information you have found out and they have to either take the car back and give you your money back or you re-negotiate a price your happy with.

If they bought it from someone on the understanding it had both cup packs then they have to take that up with the previous owner themselves. It can get a little messy but basically you are within your legal rights to get your money back.

Hope that helps.

NEED V6!
just fuming really

i give up with renaul dealerships,they just dont have the knowledge they should have

i question some of the mechanics too,my last clio 182 had 2 spanners dropped in engine bay:mad:

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Not such thing as 'sold as seen' if it was a commercial sale. Trade discription act says the product must fit the discription and you product is significantly different to what was advertised. So under the consumer protection act you must be able to demand your money back.

LY 200
I thought all yellow ones came with cup packs!?

I would take it back and ask for a full refund if your sure what they told you was incorrect. Find the advert where it says 'cup packs included' too maybe!?

One question though, why did you part with that amount of money before seeing the car and knowing you were happy with it??

NEED V6!

I would take it back and ask for a full refund if your sure what they told you was incorrect. Find the advert where it says 'cup packs included' too maybe!?

One question though, why did you part with that amount of money before seeing the car and knowing you were happy with it??

because i had no car for 2 months and my money from insurance was coming through so wanted to buy same one cuz loved my one before and kept ring them most days going over everything and alos it was some 120 miles away from me

LY 200
^^^Umm tbh mate, i love my liquid and id probably buy another if something was to happen to it but id rather travel a 1000 miles and be sure on the car than give 8/9/10k to someone (dealer or not) before knowing the condition and seeing all documentation with my own eyes!!!

You must have more dosh than sense. :)

NEED V6!
^^^Umm tbh mate, i love my liquid and id probably buy another if something was to happen to it but id rather travel a 1000 miles and be sure on the car than give 8/9/10k to someone (dealer or not) before knowing the condition and seeing all documentation with my own eyes!!!

You must have more dosh than sense. :)

well really i really wanted the cup suspension so werent bothered about having standard spoiler cuz it still had anthracite wheels and cup splitter.and cuz manager assured me i took his word for it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mate you CAN get a full refund. Not a problem.

Just write them a letter explaining that the product sold was not the product advertised and you are expecting a full refund in return for you delivering the car back to them exactly as you collected it.
....''if there are any problems, please write to my solicitor at.....'' usually does the trick lol!

Cup'd Monaco 172
How much would a set of cup springs and dampers from a dealer cost?

You could ask for them to supply them free of charge. Then at least you'll the car and the benefit of fresh suspension.

You need find the guy who lied to you and get him to sort it.

Clio RS 200
just seems im getting very bad luck at the mo

first of all you might no me as i got my liquid yellow 182 with cup packs stolen and ruined a few months back

i got payed out for that and saw liquid yellow 182 for sale at a renault dealership online(masters of beckenham) which was advertuised with the cup packs so i thought i would snap it up and put a deposit down and arranged to go pick it up 2 weeks later,i went down there everything was fine and did the paperwork and then went out to see the car

it had cup spoiler and the anthracite wheels but i noticed it only had the standard spoiler,so i questioned the garage and wanted them to fully make sure it had the cup suspension because couldnt understand why it had the standard spoiler and was thinkin maybe the person who owned it before bought it standard and had anthracite wheels added and cup spoiler added also afterwards

the manager assured me it had the cup suspenion so i was happy enough and drove off,now ive had the car about 6/7 weeks and it just feels very soft compared to my old liquid yellow 182 which i ordered from new which has frustrated me sometimes when say driving it abit hard sometimes

i ave been to renault dealership near me so that they can have a look if its got cup supsension or not and they looked at it for 3 hours and had no idea

so i got advised to ring renault customer services to see what the car came with as new and they have just told me it came completely standard

so what to do now guys cuz this car has been misadvertised to me by renault dealership

i almost feel like giving it back to them

jon

I work in Beckenham and went and saw that car, it look great but wasn't pleased witht he staff and what they new.....Asked questions and it was all oh yes its got that oh yes it got this......it was up for about £9500 is that right......:eek:

P

Paul Common 666

No wont be sold as seen, even if it was its against the trade description act (i think!) for false advertising. Its definately false advertising anyhow which is unlawful. If you write to the dealer or even renault telling them that they will do summit bout it, if they dont, threaten further action ;)

Mike 182's idea is the best way and I would do the same. You would have a very strong case for rejecting the car if you wanted to go down that route.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
What I mean is what exactly was on the window when you bought it?

Did it actually say Liquid Yellow 182 with both cup packs or did you ask about them and get a "probably does mate".

Chelsea tractor
Either way it's still a fraudulently aquired sale. False advertising / Misrepresentation if you will.

Cup'd Monaco 172
yeah it said on the website in writing cup packs

In that case its easy, just get the advert and take the car down there.

You should be able to call the shots:
Get a refund, cash back or get them to order the missing cup parts free of charge.

Clio 182 Trophy

Could be one of the few that didn't.

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage/clio182/data.asp

Clio 182
So if you're looking at buying a 182 with the cup packs (like me) how can you actually be certain that it has the cup suspension if for instance the owner bought a set of anthracite wheels?

M2 Competition
If its missing the suspension, doesnt that mean that the hub spacing wil be off, meaning that you cant put cup suspension (or most coilovers) on it anyway. Id return it mate, you have a right to, and plenty more cars out there.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
If you still have some proof that it was sold as having the cup packs (i.e. original advert on website, or paperwork) then it should be easy.

If it's your word against theirs it'll be trickier.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i had loads of trouble with my first clio mate, pretty much the same thing, if you want some advice pm me and ill explain and tell you what i did, dont let them get away with it.

take it to the end, threaten to sue due to loss of earnings for getting it checked over, get your money back, + cash on top is what I did with mine.