ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I have bought a new car! 197!

Albi Blue Clio 197
38745_413793095035_559495035_4771791_6365655_n.jpg38715_413792980035_559495035_4771790_4129151_n.jpg40672_413833980035_559495035_4772994_6248394_n.jpg

I am so happy its unreal, after my 1.2 expression getting smashed up its nice to have a car again, bought it in auction in Nottingham today, Albi Blue, 20k miles.

I am planning on giving it some much needed love because i dont think it got much in its previous relationship, curbed alloys, some wear on the steering wheel, wear on the gear stick etc.

Planned mods i hope to do

Make the exhausts more like the clio 200 ones ? so they stick out and are chromed? would this involve a new exhaust system?
refurb the alloys, maybe black ? was thinking of going with a theme similar to the megane 225 f1 team?
cup spoiler? how hard is this to do ? i have searched and mentioned people needing holes in the tailgate?
new steering wheel in the long run maybe?
somehow get the grills at the front more black again? they have faded and look slightly grey.. we think from detergent used in car washes?

I also have the cup spoiler from my previous car for sale now, its in perfect condition and is in the renault purple / blue colour.. as well as 4 trophy turinis, 3 with curb damage from the accident, all with plenty of tread left, and some silver dashboard inserts

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really nice that mate :)

How much did you give for it?

Also, can you pm me details on the wheels

Albi Blue Clio 197
I gave £7100 for it... based on autotrader prices i did alright but not amazing.

Yes i can pm you some details mate, i kept them while i decided what i was getting, but obviously there up for sale now

Albi Blue Clio 197
Spoke to the previous owner as well today due to a card i found in the car.. turned out it has hardly moved for the last year as it was the subject of some sort of dispute with Renault finance with them eventually taking it off him.. he did inform me that it had been used on a track though, which i wasn't too happy about.

There is also no tire inflation kit in the car? should there be ?

I felt like asking him why the alloys were in such a bad state.. i also suspect the rear bumper may have been sprayed at some point, i don't think i will ever know the answer to either of them questions though.

320d
It shouldn't have done any harm being used on track mate, unfortunately its not something you have to disclose when selling a car. I saw a BMW 135i on track at oulton the other day, a cat you'd never expect had been on track.

The car looks really good mate. I'd be happy with the price.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What's the story with the finance? If they took it off him, how did he then have it to sell? Was it all sorted and he got it back?

R27
Nice car you've got there, all the problems you have mentioned can be rectified too :approve:

The car should have a couple of cans for tyre inflation purposes but i'm sure they won't be too expensive to buy.

Enjoy your new car.

AK

M240i
What's the story with the finance? If they took it off him, how did he then have it to sell? Was it all sorted and he got it back?

Says in the op mate he got it from an auction, so am assuming that Renault finance auctioned it.

Albi Blue Clio 197
Yea, Renault finance or (RCI) was the company auctioning the car, they had obviously reclaimed the car at some point and put it in auction.

He sounded well cheesed off with whatever had happened, and said he wasn't the only one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's a guy on clio197.net selling a 200 rear diffuser if you're after that look.

have u done a hpi check mate? hopefully isnt a cat D. My friend bought a clio that had been in some kind of finance thing and it was registered as a cat D because of this? he got it for a good price though.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks prety good for the monie! I'll keep a eye out for you

ST
Hmm... hooky finance repo, tracked, resprayed rear bumper...may have had an 'off'.

I'd get the car checked thoroughly ASAP, damage underneath etc...that car is now nearly 4 years old, allegedly with 20k on the clock..i sold my R27 which was brand new on an 07 plate last July with 23k on the clock and there wasn't one sign of where on the steering wheel, gear knob or the recaro's for that matter.

As above, i really hope you hpi'd it before you bought it or else it could be a bit of a hassle to shift on.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
7100 for a bit of a dog ouch. You could make it look good again, get bumper sprayed professionally and a new steering wheel (you have the airbag so not expensive) new gear stick. Refurb the alloys to anthracite or silver and I'd prob buy a new front grill to replace the faded 1. Obviously by then you could of got a perfectly clean 1 in the first place but your money. And hpi it and pray. Lol

Albi Blue Clio 197
Its looking better with a wash already to be fair, the bumper has been done professionally, they have done a good job to be fair, you can just tell with the sheen on it if you know what you are looking at.. I will take some more pictures today.

Defiantly got a bit of a random past, the floor mat on the drivers side was completely worn away as well, its gone in the bin which seems like a bit of an achievement in only 20k miles.

The MOT it had today was also its first due to it been stood, it passed fine apart from the pads at the back sticking a little bit.. probably due to lack of use more than anything.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Doesn't look too bad to be fair. As said, HPI it to be sure it's Kosher, get the few faults rectified and you'll be onto a winner.
I wouldn't worry about it being used on track as long as it's maintained in accordance.
I've got a bit of love for the 197's now after driving one for the last week. Still not as much fun as a 1*2 though ;)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Looks nice mate, well done. Glad you're back on the road again. Could you PM me some info on the wheels if they're still available? Pics would be good

Albi Blue Clio 197
How much are they worth does everyone think ?

1 is mint, 1 has slight curb damage, 2 have bad curb damage, all have pe2's on them, 2 with 75% + tred left, 2 with 50% tred left

and the cup spoiler?

Known fault on 197s is the binding rear brake pads. Renault superceded the original pads. I changed mine around a year ago to these.

Yes, Mike from Rentech had checked on the Renault database and the part number had changed from previous rear pads. I think they cost 50 or 60 quid?