ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i have escaped yet another 3 points!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

got pulled over in november, due to a loud exhaust, i told the copper it was all legal and he believed me (decat lol), then he proceeded to search around my car for defects and found a bald tyre, told me i would expect three points, i asked if there was anything i could do to avoid them and he told me i couldnt, then he left. so i left to go to renault to sort this out.

In January I recieved a court summons regarding this incident and was fearing losing my lisense so i visited a solicitor! (what a waste of money) who basically told me there was nothing i could do,

i then rang my local police station after looking up info on the internet and explained to the case review officer that i read up on the fact that in 80 odd percent of cases when a single non dangerous defect is found, it is at the officers discresion to offer me a week or so to get tht problem fixed. not to mention i said he did not measure the baldness of my tyre with a guage of somesort.

the case review officer said he would look into this and i should present these facts in writing, saying if given the chance to have the problem fixed within a week the problem would have been resolved, to the court and to ask for the case to be adjourned whilst the review officer reviews the case.

recieved a letter this week, saying charges dropped!!!

yet again i escaped!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

sorry if i rambled lol, just happy to keep my lisense!

Looks like youll be keeping your licence too ;) (sorry, just had to - I wish there was a spell check on posts...Im awalys mkaing msitkaes!)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

its the coppers choice whether to...

1 warn you bout the tyre

2 he could have gven you three points on the spot for it and a sixty quid fine

3 given you a VDRS for the tyre giving you ten days to sort it out.

4 report you for summons, which he did.

probably a little bit harsh if that was the only offence and depends on how knackered the tyre was really...

its all down to attitude

if polite he should have given you a rectification notice, if slightly arsey with him what happened to you normally happens

put it down to experience, and give your car a weekly fault check (light, tread, brakes etc) that way there should never be any excuse for you to be pulled

oh and a decat is legal, so no need to lol @ telling the cop it was all legal

Quote: Originally posted by Mrdemon on 29 January 2005
a decat is not legal btw on newer cars not sure the year date

please lets not go down this route again

use the search facility and youll see the conclusion

check all the details if you like with DVLA, VOSA etc, you will see that the decat itself is 100% legal to own, fit and use on the roads, so long as the emissions are still within the limits set out in the MOT test

decat - legal
high emissions - illegal

clear?

Crystal and correct ^

Mr Demon, thought youd have picked that up off BCBBS or Seloc! This board should twin with them as there are loads of elise owners on here now.