ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I know everyone raves about PC's but...

Punto/Clio GTT
cause you can get a cooler yellow one pretty identical for 30- 35 quid inc vat ;)

i think the point to these pc's, correct me if im wrong, i think they are light, aint so hard to burn through the paintwork and generally just used to get a finish with polish wax etc.

al

ST on the way...
It isn't random orbit, it's more like a rotary.

PC's are random orbit, therefore generating less heat/holograms etc.

106 GTi
Because you need skill to use a rotary or you will do damage!

Bear down to hard on a PC and it will bog and slow, push down on a rotary and it wont!

As rich says, the pc is very user friendly, the rotary above is quite hard to use and in the wrong hands could damage the paint

The reason I ask is because I've just used a rotary with some AG SRP (didn't bother buying anything more cutting as I didn't know whether I'd get on with a rotary) and even after a quick polish yesterday evening for a few hours it looks infinitely better.

I'm really pleased with the results and a rotary is a sizeable amount cheaper in any event, and I don't see as I had any problems with it. Just seems like common sense, don't stay on one area too long, apply even pressure and not in just one direction.

106 GTi
It is when you come to do any form of proper paint correction that the skill of using one is needed.

Rich said:
Because you need skill to use a rotary or you will do damage!

Bear down to hard on a PC and it will bog and slow, push down on a rotary and it wont!

Only on expensive rotaries ;)

Cheap ones bog down faster than a PC!

D

dick

i got a cheap 1, im a total newbie, sorted out all my swirls, touched up stone chips, sanded them down, got rotary and good as new.

D

dick

done rest of car today, looks stunning!
mite get sum pics if i can be arsed 2 get sum battries in camera