ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I love dents! NOT!!!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
So i bought my clio around a year ago this month for a wopping £600 accident damaged (no claim).

Spent £200 at the dreaded 'Auto-Electricians' to get my altenator fixed so the car would actualy get from 'A' to 'B' without all the electrics randomly turning them selves on and off...

So then i was left with a burst passenger front seat from air bag deployment, which i stiched myself for a 'Quick Fix' ;)

However, im still left with the problem of the exterior... It is now becoming a problem not just an unpretty sight.

I will try describe the problem and upload photos when im not still zombiefied from night shift and its not raining and dark :)

Basicly its the left hand rear quarter to the front of the wheel arch, it has crumpled the wheel arch and left a dent the size of a football along with a crease around 3-4 inches long.

How hard and expensive is this to put right?

Im guessing theres three ways this could be fixed:

-Get the whole dent tapped to perfection by a profesional pannel beater.

-Get the rear quarter from a donor clio welded on to where my dent is after cutting the area away (sure i have seen something like this on here)

-Tapping the dent out as much as possible and then relying on mr bodge to finish the job

So guys any ideas? And if its not too much to ask... Anyone know of a place that is nice and cheap at body repairs in County Durham area.

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Yeah il hopefully get some up tomorrow, the lad who sold me car recons he got quoted £100 but he is as reliable as a train an kings cross =P

inferno 182.
umm! I think hes as reliable as a train in the sahara desert mate!!!£100!!!!my sides are splitting with laughter! put some pics up mate and i will have a look!!! what colour is the car?
Yeah il hopefully get some up tomorrow, the lad who sold me car recons he got quoted £100 but he is as reliable as a train an kings cross =P

MK3 GTI golf 16v
wouldnt look at welding rear quarters tbh, can turn into a massive t**t of a job

pro panel beater is only option by the sounds of it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get it repaired by a panel beater. Properly.

Welding ect is not an option in this case. Especially when the quarter panel is so easy to repair.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I do have the money, just need to convince the missus to let me use it. Obviously if its too much then i cant afford it... yet. Got my mechanic looking into it for me too and he recons he knows someone who charges £80 a panel to be fixed and sprayed so fingers crossed :)

Not sure how to upload photo's =/ ive taken some but the files are aparently too large

Any help here?