ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I never thought it could look any better...

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
...but it does! Wa-wa-wee-wa!

Spent the past couple of days giving the bean its winter treatment. Got myself one of those lambswool mitts as well I'll have you know! No pictures for now, haven't bothered but will tomorrow.

Heres what I did anyway:

Washed in Turtlewax shampoo
Clayed
(I was going to scratch-x my bonnet, but the sun wasn't shining so I couldn't detect any of the swirls so left it.)
Meguiars Step 2 Polish
Meguiars Gold Class Wax
Wheels washed
Meguiars Tyre Shine applied

That was yesterday, then today I did:

Partial rewash to remove crap after I went for a single drive yesterday!
Meguiars Gold Class Wax Coat 2 - left on for an hour and a half.
Carpets cleaned and de-dusted (I hit them to get the dust out!)
Carpets shampooed with Autoglym Interior Shampoo
Footwells Hoovered
Dash, doors, and trim including cup splitter, fog light surrounds, grill, door mirror surrounds, and plastic bit on rear bumper cleaned with Autoglym Vinyl, plastic and rubber care
Wheels rewashed.
Polished tailpipes with some metal cleaner
Partial clean of engine bay.

Thats about it I think, after the second coat of wax came off this morning, it looked absolutely amazing, the sun was shining on it, it looked brand spanking new. Could never tell it had done the best part of 14 thousand miles.

Don't know how long I spent on it in total, it wasn't that long, but it looks stunning now.

Got a dodgy headlight, but besides that its perfect.

LOL, alright I'll go out and take some, don't know whether they will come out any good now though.

I actually won't be able to post any till tomorrow night though, as I haven't got the cable to connect my camera to. Sorry about that.

Will take some and get them up tomorrow.

shame it will have little bits of s**t on the paint that will settle over night, unless its kept in a garage ?

Its in a private car park. I'm happy to say that it was as good this morning as it was yesterday. And after a 230 mile drive it still looks amazing.

I know, I know. I have some of it in the dark, not very good. I will go down and take some pictures although its gotten slightly dirty from the 300+ miles I've done over the weekend.

I don't know exactly, but the actual casing that holds in the xenon and the main beam light isn't secured. It moves about when you fiddle with it, whereas the nearside is solid.

I've made a bit of a f**k up of this thread! I'm giving the car a quick wash tomorrow that will restore itself to Saturdays former glory, then take some pictures!

This shows the thing thats moving around:
2dipq90.gif

Yeah, I think I did well even getting those pictures, I had a bigger flash on but it still wasn't enough.

Also bought some scratch x to get the swirl marks out of my bonnet, but as there was no direct sunlight, I couldn't bloody see the swirl marks!

I don't know whether I had enough shampoo in the bucket, but using the mitt it didn't seem as sudsy as usual. This normal or should I have just chucked a bit more shampoo in?

It made a big difference by cleaning the plastic bits on it. I don't usually do them, but thought I would this time.

I also clayed my windscreen. By god thats made an improvement in the wiper department! I also got some nice beading when it rained tonight.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I also clayed my windscreen. By god thats made an improvement in the wiper department! I also got some nice beading when it rained tonight.

where can i buy this 'clay' from cheap?!
my wipers leave a bit of a smear on the windscreen so might give your idea a quick go!!

I don't know whether I had enough shampoo in the bucket, but using the mitt it didn't seem as sudsy as usual. This normal or should I have just chucked a bit more shampoo in?

How much did you use?

I didn't measure it or anything like, but I put a bit in, I think the only answer can be more in the bucket eh? I was pouring it out of a coke bottle so wasn't really measuring it. (Oh, and before anyone asks, I got 10 litres of the stuff from Halfords on buy one get one free at half price, plus staff discount! They come in 5 litre bottles and I will be damned if I'm trying to pour a tiny amount into a bucket everytime!)

Turtlewax shampoo. I've tried different shampoos, and not noticed any difference really. As long as it washes the car thats all that matters.