ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Own the Top Gear 182!!

RenaultSport clio 182
Im sure everyone has seen the Top Gear vid of the 182, I brought my used Racing Blue 182 in the summer, one day I was watching a Top Gear repeat and it happened to have the 182 on it, I then noticed the Registration Plate was exactly the same!!!! Ive now know that it was a Renault Press car!! If your wondering where the stripes have gone, they wern't on it when I got it, but on sunny days you can see where they used to be!!! http://www.putfile.com/peteeldred

RenaultSport clio 182
The press release prints, id love to see them Liam,pm me with more details if you could

Cheers!!

ST
No wonder they didn't tell you.....it's prob had most parts replaced under warranty as that car is the definition of thrashed lol

Mazda MX5 1.8
just watched the top gear video......... the 1 the stig drove is a different one (HS53 LKU)

Mr Clarkson drove yours

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just because its been ragged round a few tracks with some journos dosen't mean its f*cked , just well run in :) Their probably alot better drivers than the majority of ppl on here anyway . How much did ya pay for it mate with what miles on the clock ?

Enjoy it mate ;)

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 182
The one in those press pics isn't my one, my one was probally been thrashed on three wheels some where!!!!

RenaultSport clio 182
Well it only had 7000 miles on the clock, but thats alot of track time!! lol Luckily I work for Lookers and I got the car from Chelmsford Lookers so I got a good deal-or did I lol??

Ford Fiesta
Pete-182 said:
Well it only had 7000 miles on the clock, but thats alot of track time!! lol Luckily I work for Lookers and I got the car from Chelmsford Lookers so I got a good deal-or did I lol??

it wont all have been track time.

Anyone that buys a ex demo car/ pre reg car may well be thrashed more.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Well dont try and sell it on here as you wont get 8k for it now everyone knows its the TG car....

The stig and all the press guys will have ragged it......but then again so are most of them on here.

Megane Mk4
looks kinda weird it having the cup option pack on but no rear spoiler to match.
Looks like a wish list thingy does that! ;)

106 GTi
Does it have sat Nav? As unless your Liam that makes it rare in itself! ;)

Yeah its been trashed but it means it will ba fast one. Plus its got a bit of history as a selling point.

Clarkson and the Stig drove my old 205, it was a major selling point everyone wanted to own the one that had been on telly and in Evo.

106 GTi
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
looks kinda weird it having the cup option pack on but no rear spoiler to match.
Looks like a wish list thingy does that! ;)

Probably has sat Nav like most of the press cars I have seen, hence no larger rear spoiler.

clio__chris said:
just watched the top gear video......... the 1 the stig drove is a different one (HS53 LKU)

Mr Clarkson drove yours

Wasn't LKU on here a couple of weeks back? Someone asked whether it was worth buying (he'd seen the car at a local independent dealer). Then someone else found lots of photos from autocar or auto express of the car being thrashed and posted them on here. I think the fella who asked the question decided to look for another car.

RenaultSport clio 182
Yeah it does have sat nav, I have had minor problems with the car, but the only thing wrong with it now is that ive got a grinding noise on full lock both to the left and right! any ideas-renault hav tryed telling me its normal-lol typical

Clio
This is cool!

I went to a local dealer and they have a yellow v6, breifly looked at it and the sales guys looked round and said look, you do not want that its a press car!

On this subject, i was slightly worried about mine - the 1st owner is Renault Fleet Solutions Portsmouth, has a HG53 plate

The sales team said my car was just a ex demo/renault company car. Asked if it was a 'pool' car or rental car and he said NO WAY its against renaults policy to sell on without declaring that etc

loads of people trying to put a downer on the chap. who cares if it's been ragged. It's still a fairly new car thats gonna get ragged to s**t anyway.

Der Panzer
^ Agreed. Let's face it, all out cars have been ragged at some point before the engine was proken in. Besides, if it was a press car and I was renault I would have ran the engine on a test bench for a good while before it even looked at the engine bay.

so it's nicely broken in by stigissimo himself then! just wondering where there any differences on the press cars? i know some of them had the stickers on the side..

Ph1
If this was a RS Ford we were talking about its value would have practically doubled due to a telly appearance!!

172 Cup
Pete-182 said:
...If your wondering where the stripes have gone, they wern't on it when I got it, but on sunny days you can see where they used to be!!!

That would p*ss me right off.