ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think I live in a dead zone!! (3G coverage)

Barge
Just did a Google to try and find out what the 3G coverage was like on O2 in the north. I've never once... even when daaaarn saaarf... seen the 3G symbol pop up on my phone. It's only ever Edge or the circle thing, or connected to my wireless at home.

Even when I've been to Newcastle, etc. where O2 claims to have 3G coverage I still don't get it. WTF... I want 3G! They don't even have a section on their website to tell you where gets 3G (I found it here http://www.trustedreviews.com/networking/news/2009/07/10/Ofcom-Slams-O2-3G-Coverage/p1). Am I doing something wrong... Or is it just teh norf?

Ta.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, this could be funnier than anything JD has said EVER.

Last edited:
  Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
what you complaining about needster:rasp:, i dont get it atall, i barely get 2blocks of signal were i live, and if i want full bar i have to go to the next town which is 25miles away..

If only they did this try before you buy before i bought it :(

Barge
Right, just checked this... Think it might be a fubared Pisch...

O2 say to check their 3G coverage (http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/?Search=Search) select the HSDPA option and type in your postcode... Cool. So I do that for my work address. It comes up pink, which according to them says there's 3G coverage... Well, what a f**king fat lie all I've got is the little dot.

Broken. :dapprove:

Barge
Nope. Didn't say a word to me, hence my own disbelief in the shop. Oh Dan, you're such a genius. Thank you for diagnosing that problem for me days ago. :rolleyes:

Blow me.

Barge
Yeah, contract. But it's via O2 online. Everytime I've store upgraded they've never offered a new sim card, etc.

RIP Dan
They don't keep records of sim variants usually.

When you are in the shop they should notice it really and change the sim out.

Depends on how clued up the salesperson is.

Barge
You think so, dunno they've given me a new one now. I told them what I was doing when I bought the phone, maybe in the rush of release day the just forgot. Nevermind.

Does fake France have 3G yet, Dan?

RIP Dan
I don't use 3G at all unless I have to for work, usually testing.

Drains my battery too much.

I don't like change either.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I needed a 3G simcard... My seven year old sim couldn't cope with teh 3G. :eek:

epic-fail-stolen-mail-fail.jpg

Thats an iPhone fail on par with me not paying my bill and wondering why it wouldn't work!

Barge
Well not really, my little adolescent friend. Their site doesn't say you need a 3G simcard. The g33ks in the shop on launch day didn't say I needed one.

Tusk.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Dear lord.

This is worse than not having 3G switched on tbh.

Taco