ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone contract has expired - stuck on what to do

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
My iPhone 3G contract has just expired and I can't decide what to do. I've had a number of problems with the O2 network, getting worse more recently, where people have phoned me and I know for a fact I've had full signal and I've had no missed call at all, the first thing I know about it is when I get a voicemail 20 minutes later. MMS can quite often take hours for the other party to receive, then there is just a general lack of good network coverage 50% of the time.

So options as far as I can see are (I want 32GB) and am happy on £35 a month contract:

Switch to Vodafone (for better network coverage), pay £179 for a 32GB 3GS and then £35 a month but they limit to 1GB Internet (don't think that's likely to effect me though?)

Stay with O2, again £179 for the phone, same £35 contract (but for 24months)

Or Stay with O2 and go on a simplicity contract for 12 months? (a bit unsure here but I think I'd have to go on a 12 month contract?) for £20 a month and then get the latest iPhone when available

I'm guessing I could sell my existing 3G 16GB for around £300

But when is the new iPhone coming out (summer?) and what is it likely to bring?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Can you not just go on one of the monthly SIM only contract with o2 or vodafone just now and hold out for the new release?

I wouldn't want to tie myself into an 18 or 24 month contract when you already have a decent phone, and there a chance of a new phone coming out soon. The money you'd save on the contract would pay for the new phone when it's released too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get simplicity until the new one comes out.

You're in a really good position to wait 3 months.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Wait for the new iPhone and move onto a Sim only plan with another network for now. Get a official unlock request processed with o2 first though if you've not done so already so that your iPhone 3G will officially work on all networks.

Keep the 3G and go onto a simplicity tariff.

Then when the new one is out, either buy it on payg and use simplicity sim in it, or take out a new contract with the new phone.

My iPhone 3G contract has just expired and I can't decide what to do. I've had a number of problems with the O2 network, getting worse more recently, where people have phoned me and I know for a fact I've had full signal and I've had no missed call at all, the first thing I know about it is when I get a voicemail 20 minutes later. MMS can quite often take hours for the other party to receive, then there is just a general lack of good network coverage 50% of the time.

My brother had this problem with o2 and his iphone.

Don't see the point in spending the extra and getting tied into a new contract for a phone thats virtually the same, get a different phone or sim only tariff.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If the new iPhone is only 3 months away then the answer is obvious. I just need to confirm my best option for plugging the 3 month gap.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It was easy enough to buy a 3GS last year so it'll probably not be a big problem to upgrade to the latest handset this year. If you have a Apple store local to you then even better as they always have lots of stock.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
so if i'm reading things correctly, it looks like I can go on a month by month pay&go O2 simplicity online (with unlimited online) for £20 a month so I'll do that until I can get the new one.

If you're going to wait, you don't need to do anything. You can just carry your contract on. Will make things easier to upgrade in the summer.

Are you on 3.1.2? My boss had similar problems but he fixed them by updating to the latest software.

Citroen DS3 DSport
so if i'm reading things correctly, it looks like I can go on a month by month pay&go O2 simplicity online (with unlimited online) for £20 a month so I'll do that until I can get the new one.

Phone 02 cancellations and ask for the iPhone Simplicity 20 tariff, not sure if standard customer service members have access to this tariff or not yet.

I heard June 31st for the 4th Gen iPhone ;)

6/468 17poo
where people have phoned me and I know for a fact I've had full signal and I've had no missed call at all, the first thing I know about it is when I get a voicemail 20 minutes later.

i keep getting this, when someone rings but doesnt come through on the phone? is this the phone or the network?

may contact 02 and tell them the problem mines insured and never claimed its just massivley annoying!