ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think I may have taken things too far...

Better than yours. C*nt.
order.gif

And that's just the start of it!

Nah, that's about it - I'm just building up an arsenal of tools to attack mine and my families cars, mine needs the lighter stuff but the other cars are neglected... They need care!

Sorry for the pointless post - in an attempt to recover it - anyone else care to share their toolkit?

106 GTi
Crazy man! Whats the total? ££££

You have doubled up on a few bits though Megs 9 and Megs 82 are pretty much the same product.

The Megs 84 and 85 are harsh stuff, best suited for Rotary use. Use with care. Not sure how well the PC will break either down.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Don't ask - and there's a PC and transformer etc on top of that!

My bank says around £750 on all of it this month - bugger!!! Lots of it is doubled up, pads and cloths etc.

106 GTi
Pads and cloths are one thing, but trust me Megs 9 and 82 are pretty much the same product, doubt I would purchase both.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Pads and cloths are one thing, but trust me Megs 9 and 82 are pretty much the same product, doubt I would purchase both.

Well, I'll find out when I play with them! And it's not like my car needs much attention! Bless it... Always looks worse close up though...!

1.JPG

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha, fancy testing all that out on my paint before u risk it on your mate?!

of course i dont expect you to pay to practise on my car, i like to do favours now and then...

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
and i thought £3 for two meguires pads at halford was bad

Better than yours. C*nt.
isn't that like 5% of the cars value?

I'm not awake enough for maths yet, but even if it is then it's worth it - because sat next to a not so pampered one, mine will be the one that's sold when the inevitable time comes ;)

But I can also use it on my other car, bike and the family's motors.

106 GTi
Post up how you get on with the Megs 84 and 85 by PC when you use them.

I have never used anything more then 83, SSR 2.5 or Menzerna Intensive Polish before with it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Post up how you get on with the Megs 84 and 85 by PC when you use them.

I have never used anything more then 83, SSR 2.5 or Menzerna Intensive Polish before with it.

Will do - definately a job for the 4" pad though as you say, it'll need full crank to get any heat into it.

106 GTi
I correct 2000 grade wet sanded motorcycle panels in my mates bodyshop with Intensive Polish and 4 inch spot pads so we be glad to hear how the others work with the PC. In all honesty the IP does the job even on wet flatted stuff, I have never ever though of needing power gloss ( this is all on fresh softish paint though) but if the other works work well I may grab a bottle and try.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'll be sure to photograph and document the entire process for you - I find the Megs stuff great to work with but I'm not too fussed with the Show Car Glaze - you had any experience of it? And what sort of working in should I use with it?

106 GTi
Meg's 7 is a funny to use prouduct, I one heard it described akin to rice pudding, you wipe the top skin off and it is still wet underneath.As you take the top skin of it will dry again.

I have never used it by machine. I tend to hand apply it a panel at a time and remove using 2 microfibers. One pass with one towel to remove most of the product, followed by a final pass with another clean towel to remove the rest and buff to a high gloss.

Not my fave product, I get the same results but achieved much easier by the Clearkote Glazes, either the Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze or the Red Machine Glaze, both work well by hand (The RMG can be a little like the #7 at times by hand though) but really come into there own by machine/PC.

The VM can be used by polishing or finishing pad, the RMG by a finishing or Glazing pad.

I tend to use the VM with Sonus DAS Green, work it across the panel at speed 2/3 and then a couple of passes at speed 4. Unlike the #7 it wipes of will still a little wet easily, unlike the #7 and its funny skin like nature. On the Polishing Pad it gives the VM enough bite to really clean up paint nicely.

I tend to double up on the Glaze stage and follow the VM with Red Machine Glaze on a Sonus DAS Finsihing pad, worked at the same speeds as above, but the product seems to disapear into the paint, so I work it until there is little or nothing to remove.

I don't bother with Glazes at all at this time a year, save them for summer as sealants don't bond well at all to them as they are quite oily.

Better than yours. C*nt.
This bug's still got me... Thanks to Polished Bliss this time!!

__Lines Ordered_________________________________________________
DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre - 1 £11.87 £11.87
Gel-
No. Shipped 1
Meguiars Foam Applicator Pads 1 £2.17 £2.17
No. Shipped 1
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant 1 £10.17 £10.17
No. Shipped 1
303 Aerospace Protectant 1 £11.02 £11.02
No. Shipped 1
Dragon Fibre Microfibre - 4 £0.85 £3.40
Applicator -
Pad-
No. Shipped 4
Poorboy's Natural Look - 1 £6.34 £6.34
Dressing-
No. Shipped 1

Better than yours. C*nt.
Should have got some Jeffs Acylic Jett Sealant while you where there!

There's more to come yet!!! :)

Unfortunately with a set of Cup wheels to fund, a BTB exhaust and an ITG filter I'm out of money to spend on shine for another few weeks!