ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think this needs changing...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
After the AA guy diagnosed the PH1 with a faulty ECU and or Loom, I replaced them and it still didn't start. So I started to dig and thought I would check what I assumed was the issue when it happened and what do you know. Slipped timing and bent valves sounds about right.

New engine time :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
so you got the belts changed at the required times :dapprove:

Time of belt change has nothing to do with that failure Im sure, looks more like something has fallen in like a bolt or whatever and rubbed against the belt.

Renault Clio 182
There is nothing wrong with that, Your lucky you have the bit of belt that has come away, bit of glue and you will be fine mate

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I told the guy all I wanted was home recovery but he insisted he wanted a look lol Mind you he spent an hour looking so hats off to him (He assumed it was a 1.2 at first)

I think if it was age it would be consistent across the belt, it looks like something's came loose and chewed the belt. When it happened I lost power and I heard a light knocking - I was sure it was timing going so just pulled over and turned it off.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
None taken, this is one of three (eek) so luckily I had other car's to use. I've got an engine on the bench so hopefully I'll have it out on the lift this weekend and see what's salvageable (Watch this space for the mess!)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Nothing obvious mate, couldn't see any bolts etc

I'm sure once it's out, it will stand out though - I nearly died when I took the mount off (Then swore a lot at not going with my gut feeling)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Took a while due to the bad weather but I managed to get the head off today:

Pistons seems to have taken more of a beating then the valves, but luckily the head is actually nion mint which I'm happy about. I actually expected more destruction !