ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I wamt to buy somethong right now

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Any suggestions

Not too expensive but want to have a tangible impact on the car. Recent purchases have been

ArB
Top mounts and strut brace
Dog bone mount
Engine mount
Seats

Any ideas? Ideally under 200....I keep looking at zero point one stuff but not sure it is meaningful and may as well save the money for a pure motorsport fear set up???

Any cool stickers??

Thanks

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
renault-f1-daniel-thong-white.jpg

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Should have said I've also done springs and brake discs pads and lines

And yes I should have gone for alka seltzer, most of my car has been created through beer induced online purchases

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Save some money and get a PMS gear linkage

I do keep coming back to this...read some great reviews....I haven't driven an upgraded gearbox before so I dont really have any idea what the actual benefit will be but then the same could be said for the whiteline ARB and as soon as I took the car on track the benefit was super obvious

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I do keep coming back to this...read some great reviews....I haven't driven an upgraded gearbox before so I dont really have any idea what the actual benefit will be but then the same could be said for the whiteline ARB and as soon as I took the car on track the benefit was super obvious

It doesn’t upgrade the gearbox. At all.

But it makes a huge difference to the feel and gear change experience. Gives a lot more certainty about gear selection and the increased height means you’re reaching less whilst driving. Getting into gear is like loading a bolt action rifle. Feels very “precise”.

Just make sure it’s fitted by someone who knows what they’re doing else it can make finding gear very difficult and will knacker the box over time due to constant grinding whilst selecting gear.

Oh, and it also looks very “race car”. 😂

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

as cub said it makes the gear change more direct and feels loads better than the standard sloppy change.
The only downside is they rattle and it can get a bit annoying on a motorway.