ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I wanna go to Santa Pod.....

320d M Sport

Do we (Cliosport) have any plans to go down and do the old RWYB? Ive never been but the idea is growing on me all the time....:) What exactly do I need to sort this out, for me and a few mates lets say??

Paddy

When to Santa Pod a few Sundays ago and didnt see any 172s, except for about two Willys.

Saw a few civic type Rs do there 1/4 mile. Mostly in between mid 15s and 16s. Compared to other modded cars the R sounded quiet from the exhaust, expected more sound.

The drag bikes were f*cking quick. The best time was like 6 & a half secs.

To get in it costs £9 and to race it costs an extra £15 or something like that. Phone 08700 782828 for more info.

williams and trophy

yeah i can vouch for york on oct 6th sounds like its gonna be a massive event for cliosport and i think we got us a few vr6s n chipped gti turbos to play with when we get there lol

cheers

jon

Trophy

Ben,

When did you go santapod as i was there the last two RWYBs, the 1st and 15th sept?

What car were you in? Was it that cliocup that you got a couple of weeks ago and we came up and had a look around?

Mat.

320d M Sport

Hmm, so i jusat turn up, pay on the door, bring a lid with me, and Im away?? Sounds to good to be true...what have i forgotten???

Paddy

320d M Sport

Hmmm, sounds good to me, Rhys Ill mail you mate.......my front tyres are a bit ropey though, reckon Ill get a REALLY cack time with em on?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Paddymph get yourself to the RYWB York on the 6th. If you are interest there are about 15-20 people going to the meal on Saturday night before then on a lash round york. This is not to be missed mate. If you are interested post on the York meet topic and I can send you details.

BTW cack tyres or not let them down to around 25 psi to get more traction.

320d M Sport

Alright Chavvy, think Im as good as there!!! Cant make the meal though got a meal with the bird to get out of the way!

Bring it on........

Paddy

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Private Message your mobi number to me.

We will be at York strip for about 10:30 - 11:00 on Sunday

£15 to run £8 to watch. Need your licence and a helmet (If you dont want one of their scab infested ones)

Paddy bring the misses to the meal, most of our other halfs are coming with us.

paddy i ran with my nacked tyres only 500 miles before i bought new ones and still ran 15.2 at best. I think with my new tyres i would have had a much better start though maybe run 15.0 as its so much better off the line now, still its bit of fun and i wasnt bothered about killing the rest of the tread on the old tyres. You could always rotate the back tyres onto the front

BMW 320d Sport

Im all booked up at a bloody posh hotel near York racecourse. So as long as we get there in time, me and the lady wife will be out for din dins with the Cliosport gang Saturday night.

BTW you lot can get there at 10:30, the true hardcore will be there at 9am on the dot!

320d M Sport

Right, sorted. CAnt make the meal so Ill be there EARLY, probably around 9ish...cant wait now! Can anyone email me a map??? Or just instructions with landmarks etc?

Cheers

Paddy

mk2 172

nick ill be there when the gates open mate, never considered tyre pressure either,hmmm, food for thought. ps paddy, dont let the grip worry you on your tyres, york have had this surface stuff laid which gives you all the grip you need, dont worry about lighting the tyres at all. i was worried about that but youd be very unlucky to do a burnout out, just expect a chirp off en when you launch. and nick, just done some independant (but unofficial of course) 0-100, 17.1, 17.5, and 16.9:). this is with a co-pilot.

F7 is gonna rock baby!

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah Craggy, Im sure youre gonna do 14s this time mate. I can only remember how to get to the place from yours, Im gonna be in the middle of York on Sunday morning so I guess Ill have to work out the route myself!

williams and trophy

nick mate well be comin down the m62 til jct 37 if thats any good for you

hopefully therell be a few of us there early cos i reckon its gunna be busy on the strip this time and maybe not as many runs

cheers

jon

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Nick I will pop round the hotel in the morning mate as I am up the road from it.

Paddymph do you know the way other wise I can post instructions from the A1M/A64 junction ?

320d M Sport

Alright Ivan?

NOPE!!! Havent got a clue mate, Im more than likely meeting up with Rhys somewhere?? Could you email me some kinda map to help me on my way??

Thanks mate.....better get practising me starts now!!!

Paddy

320d M Sport

Yeah Cheers Craggy, might have to try a cheeky race with that Willy on the way!! Ill win this time.......;)

Paddy