ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IAnnoying buzzing noise - climate control sensor - the solution

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
This has surely been covered many times before but here is my tupence worth which may interest, especially those with limited mechanical knowledge who want to 'have a go' at fixing this annoying problem.

Since taking ownership of this car (RS182) it had the annoying buzz from the roof light console everytime the key is put in the ignition, the fault is apparently common and easy to diagnose, it's the climate control sensor which uses a small fan to draw air in over the sensing element, the noise is probably comming from worn fan motor bearings, a bit of WD40 might be temp cure but if you want to do it properly, just replace it - it's a real easy fix.

For this job you do not even have to get the toolbox out!

Part; I enquired at a couple of my local dealerships, but generally found them unhelpful, one-"we'll phone you back" - they never did - don't you just hate that!, another required a deposit or payment up front as it was not a stock item and would have to order it in (possible two days wait).

I decide to give Baldocks of Wiversfield a ring as I had a some Clio parts off them before, they are down in the south east somewhere, not local to me at all, but I have always have had a very good experience buying parts off them, with discounts over retail prices and very reasonable postage costs, I don't have any access to 'trade' so this was very welcome.
They could get the sensor for the next day, plus I added a few other parts I needed to the order, the day after I placed the order the parts arrived - everything was spot-on, so this bit is a worthy 'plug' for them.

The sensor is part number 82 00 093 290 (for the RS182 at least), retail is about £25.00 inc (but with disc. it was a bit cheaper)

Fitting; get your fingernails under the edges of roof light console and with a good downward 'yank' away it comes, if you don't have any fingernails, use something thin and non-metallic, I don't think poking in a screwdriver would be a good idea somehow
On the underside of the console among other things, sits the sensor, it is the black tube about 3" long, it simply unclips from it's mountings, as does the the connector, there is a small holding tab that needs pressing in on the connector so don't try and force it apart. Fit the new sensor and connector back in and test -ahh, silence - well nearly.
Give the console a good push back into place until all the clips engage.

I hope some may find this helpful.