ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Cream Sandwich.

Nope shouldn't do. If you do it the "official" way, then everything will be fine. If you do it manually though, then you will need to back various things up.

Iceberg 172 Cup
Installing CoreDroid as we speak.......

I really cant do with betas and their bugs, i waiting for a final release but may be some time yet.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Any recommendations on which ROM? I'm used to Sense so was after something familiar but not buggy unless there's something better out there?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I don't really understand all this, I've got a deesire hd and what's ice cream sandwich thing?

The "operating system" every major update gets a new name same as windows and osx your proabably on gingerbread

Microsoft now use numbers to signify their latest operating system (Like Windows 7, Windows 8...)

Mac use animals (Lion, Leopard, etc)

Android use desserts (Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich...so next one on Android will probably be Jelly something or other)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is that an old one? When i click update software it says up to date.

Yes...It started with 'A' and is now on 'I' (Ice Cream Sandwich)...yours begins 'F'...so is 2 versions behind ('H' Honeycomb doesn't really count). I think you would struggle to be able to update that to ICS. :(

306 GTI-6
Well i donwloaded the ICS for my Galaxy S2 over Kies yesterday.

Cant say its really any better that I can tell. Camera seems to work exactly the same as it did, with no new features either.

Been waiting ages for this, and dissapointed if i am honest.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well i donwloaded the ICS for my Galaxy S2 over Kies yesterday.

Cant say its really any better that I can tell. Camera seems to work exactly the same as it did, with no new features either.

Been waiting ages for this, and dissapointed if i am honest.

you'll probably find differences. HTC changed loads but it all looks very similar

306 GTI-6
Thanks for that Tom

A lot of purely cosmetic changes, which down to personal preference, i actually dislike over the previous version e.g I prefer the grid view for the menu options, over the new list view

Still, am sure there will be as many people who prefer the new look. No change to camera features mentioned either.

Mini Cooper S sport
ooooh I'm downloading ICS now, I didn't even know it was available.

Thing is, I'm getting a 4S as a work phone this week, so I might sell the GS2. I can't really see the point in having two smartphones.

Mini Cooper S sport
I do like ICS! Much faster. I'll keep this phone for a bit while I get used to the iphone then decide whether to keep it or sell it and pay off the contract.

306 GTI-6
Anyone with a Galaxy S2 had any issues since downloading it?

I have noticed my phone now seems to crash every now and again, which it had NEVER done before (had it a year), and the screen weirdly seems less responsive too, or it could be lag. Either way, not an improvement as far as I am concerned :(

2014 Focus Titanium
For anyone who cares about ICS, I took a quick video of how smooth my phone is. Genuinely over the moon with the improvements over Gingerbread.

Before upgrading to ICS the constant small lags and little stutters in certain apps was really starting to grate, I was considering going back to Apple. Now it feels like I've got a new phone again.

Last edited by a moderator:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
got Chrome on my tablet. Was going to wait for the full release but I'll install it now. Standard browser keyboard has gone to s**t for me. Won't go to lower case in landscape

I found the Chrome browser really laggy when I used it, and not as smooth as the normal browser. Might have to give Dolphine a try. Anyone use Opera?

2014 Focus Titanium
It's basically a bit like Jailbreaking. It means you can put whatever software on you want, different ROMs etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've given up :( Kies is awful, never connects to my phone. Tried following the guides but seem to technical just to update some software. Times like this I see why people get an iPhone.