ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE for n00bs. Help please!

RS Clio 182
Hey guys,

I've noticed that my factory fitted system loses quality at the kind of sound levels that I like to listen to music at.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some advice on what kind of set up I need to boost my ICE.

I'd like to be able to ipod my system, DAB would be good, maybe bluetooth my phone to it but not totally necessary.

I also want to get as good a quality of sound as possible but I don't want a boot filled with subs and amps etc as the car does need some practicality about it.

What kind of products should I be looking at etc, don't mind going to some hassle with fitting it and so on, also do I need to bear in mind compatibility with the control sticks or anything like that or is this pretty standard?

Thanks in advance!

Clio 197
Maybe have a look at the Pioneer range, they have awsome sound quality and are quite reasonable i think...

Upgrading the door speakers and then just adding an amp would make the sound quality 10x better, and the amp doesn't take up that much room so its practical still.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Upgrading the door speakers and then just adding an amp would make the sound quality 10x better, and the amp doesn't take up that much room so its practical still.

but alas, an amp will only be compatible with an aftermarket headunit.

pioneer do some good headunits,
alpine do some good ones also.

however you will have to look into the conectivity with other items, (ipod/phone/stalk) this will really bring your options down, will need many adaptors to fit the ipod and stalk so expect to be spending alot on wires lol.

caraudiosecurity.com do some good stuff, id have a browse through theyre and read the specs.

as for speakers, you may be best investing in a good set of components for the front of the car, maybe an amp to power them, but this will mean alot of wiring (buy a good headunit and the internal amp will be more than powerful enough to run the speakers) if its just quality your after, i wouldnt bother with the rear speakers, it is frequently argued that theres no point in them at all if you get good front speakers.

hopes this helps a little (probs not tho:rasp:)

Clio 182
Just my own two pence, Alpine for headunits and Pioneer for speakers!

As said, the Pioneer's imo give really good sound clarity! And the Alpine headunits are just so user friendly! Job done!!

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Just my own two pence, Alpine for headunits and Pioneer for speakers!

As said, the Pioneer's imo give really good sound clarity! And the Alpine headunits are just so user friendly! Job done!!

Could'nt agree more mate, alpine do a head unit basically for mp3 only so your ipod would go into that uprate your speakers all round as said pioneer are really good, amp them for even better sound quality. Happy days.

vaux cavalier
My 2 pence worth....

Dump the I-Poo....
Dump the Alpine Head Unit idea....
Dump the Pioneer Speakers idea....

Becker Head Unit mated with either Rainbow or DLS components up front with a Nice 10" sub in a sealed enclosure fitted in the boot, all driven by a nice Genesis amp....Well placed sound deadening, correctly installed mids & tweets will bring this setup to life....