ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE ICE BABY

Hello all,

Im all new to this site but seems like there are alot of guys who know their sh*te. I have the standard stereo fit in my clio 172 mkII and would like to ask for your knowledge.

All i really want at the mo is some uprated and more defined BASS to my current sytem. I know nothing about steroes but thought all i might need is a sub, possibly an AMP. Ive seen alot of advice on getting a better HU first but all i want is a cheap short term option for more BASS!! the rest will be upgraded with more time and money.

Any advice ladies and gents??? options, costs, manufacturers?? many thanx

heya, welcome to the forum, firstly u should get the best HU u can in my opinion as this is what is runnin your whole system, get that first and build it up around that, even that will make an immediately noticeable difference in ur sound from standard speakers

Matt

Yeah, once youve got your headunit you can go on from there!!

a cheap alternative for adding bass to a system could be a amplified bass box, but if you want anything different a separate amp and sub/box combo seems the best way to go.

Well thanx for the advice guys and gals. The amplified bass boxes seem to start at around £350 quid.......seems a waste with the intention of upgrading later on so ill go for a decent HU as adviced. Keep Revving.........

what type of amplified bass box are you looking at??

i had one of the pioneer 205As a while back and only paid a ton! it was quite a good way of getting bass into the car! and for an 8" sub in it, it did the job!

I am putting back the original headunit as selling the car.

I went to connect the plugs back in and power is present as the cd player is making a noise but no displays comes back on and no sound other than bleeting when i press buttons, I know I have to put my code in but cant do this until i can see the display. I have plugged in the black, blue and white plugs and the yellow hole is empty on the headunit, could this be the reason its not displaying. I have looked for a yellow plug but pretty sure there are only 3 to go back in.