ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Ice baby!!

No, nothing about the great white rapping legend here, but a few questions if anyone would be so kind as to help!!

I basically want to replace the standard speakers in my 172!! (for the time being)

Im not going to change the head unit. (as of yet.) i know the fronts are 13 comps, and i know the rears are 13 co-axs, However, if i do replace them will there be enough power from the reno HU to power the speakers sufficiently?

Can anyone recommend anywhere that just sells the midbass drivers as opposed to the component set? as its a new car and i dont want to go removing the dash etc to get to the tweeters!!

any suggestions on what to go for??

i know you prob dont want to hear it....but the best thing you can do is replace the head unit. even with the standard speakers it improves sound.

I would agree with ClioJohn on that. Components will run off a decent headunit but not particularly well...better than standard speakers though. However if you did want a midbass driver then we do 2 types. We do the 5" and 6.5 audiobahn ones and the digital designs 6.5" one. They all need amping though really.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio