ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE in mk2 clio

Renault Clio 53 1.2
well the long and short of it is 6x9 suck.. sound stage at rear just didn't suit me at all.
before i went a destroyed my sound system and added these speakers i had a kenwood kdc 6047u head unit and focal access 130 a1 door speakers

now that my 6x9 and amp (which was rubbish) is gone i need some help.

1) how to mount the tweeters for the focal access speakers well in the dash

2) when i take the door speakers out there is this plastic cup that the speaker sit in behind it what is it and what shall i do with it to it?

3) which amp and sub would compliment my system well with the HU and door speakers i have got there both high quality components and would be nice to have a good amp and sub with them and drag that sound stage back forward. the speakers are 50w rms and 100w peak. i was thinking a 4 channel amp bridge 2 of the channels?

4) any other recomendations to help me improve my system will be greatly apreciated.

5) and what do people think of the dynmatt stuff that goes in the doors

thanks i really need this advice how ever much forum stuff i read none of it is case specific enough to help me out so this is a shout to all the audiophiles out there :)

i haven't got a huge budget so if you could bare that in mind can't afoard an audison amp or something however much i want one

thanks for your time :)

Megane RS 250
First choose a good amp (but if you don't need hear-splitting volume you can go with the amp of a good head unit) and a two way kit with separated 16.5 cm woofer and tweeters and crossovers (I used a used Coral kit)

Remove the dash, put the crossovers under the instruments binnacle, connect them to the wire from the head unit, fit the tweeter in the standards sockets and connect them to the crossovers, connect the wires that go to the doors to the woofer connectors on the crossovers.

Open the speaker cover in the doors, cut all the plastic with a dremel, make two wood spacers (use filler to avoid humidity) for 16,5 cm woofers, bolt them to the metal (I suggest to drill the hole in the metal, than copy these holes in the spacer and bolt it with bolt+nut)
Put some soundproofing on the metal of the door through the round opening (70 cm square is enough...in smaller pieces so you don't need to remove the inside of the door and you can follor the bars).
Fit the speaker bolting it with wood screw to the spacer...if you prefer you can drill the holes before so the wood doesn't break.

If you do all of this right you'll have the best front setup you can without custom made door panels.

The hard part is getting the holes right and the spacer in the right size...I cutted the plastic with a cutter and that was a pain in the a**, a dremel is much better.
You obviously need a drill with bits for metal and wood.
I had the spacers made by a carpenter for almost nothing.

Renault Clio 53 1.2
well thats interesting what you said turned it up the other day with a lpf of 250hz and it went very loud so just probably need a sub :) think my 13cm will cope fine as they are quite good ones but will cut the bezil out and put soundproofing in and get a sub what do you think?