ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ice novice - sub in mk1 172

Is it possible to fit a nice sub without an amp in a mk1 172, or does the stereo have no amp? I no nothing at all about ice, but I thinking of getting a decent ish sub as the bass in the standard set up is abit crap and buzzy. Whats the cheapest and easiest way of getting a sub in or do you have to have an amp as well, also anyone got any ideas how much this oot would cost fitted.

Mk4 golf gti

You NEED amp im afraid. Your HU does have an amp but it not powerful enuf 4 a sub.

The easiest thing to do is get an active sub where the amp is in built 2 the sub. Vibe make these and are very gd. I think there cheapest iz 1 of there 10 inchers which is bout 179.99

These are easy 2 fit just check the guide on ere that shud show u everyfing you need

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/shop/acatalog/CAD_Active_Boxes_189.htmlhttp://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/shop/acatalog/CAD_Active_Boxes_189.html

thats the active subs.

You defo need an amp, if you want to improve your knowledge read the advice section on caraudiodirect.com and post in the forums.

I recommend you get yourself a 4 channel amp. Get as powerful as you can afford. The folk on the forum will give you some good recommendations. Bridge two channels to power a sub. Get JL subs, sound really good.

Then get your self a nice set of front components and use the other two channels to amp them. Will give you a really nice sounding stereo.

Finally I assume your going to buy a new head unit, you wont be able to run an amp of the standard one because it has no pre outs. Some amps do allow you to use the speaker wire to connect, but they sound quite poor

Ok matey.