ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice Setup Woe’s

Megane R26

Right having a hard time on deciding on my ICE for my 172. Have replaced HU with an Alpine Mp3 player that I had in my golf. So far Ive got a couple of amps: Vibe monoBlock 3 and Blackbox3. Im looking for subs and speakers now. I had an active Vibe AC10 in the car, although this sub packed a punch I am looking for something better, bear in mind $$$ is tight as such.

I have found some (well 3) JL 8W6 that I can get can get for around £180 ;). Would this be a good choice, im looking for a different kind of install in the boot, ie false floor housing amps and distro block then a nice shapley sub box that would take these 3 subs. Anyone give me any input on the best type of box for this? And would any one be able to help? services paid for :).

As far as speakers go, looking to replace all standards, comps upfront and coax for real. I know you say rears kill the sound stage, but just looking for fill. Was looking at the Vibe Sa-50s as can get them for £50. Any other recomeddations on a cheapess budget. I would love Focals but $$$. Although I might be able to stretch for the fronts as just was gunna get 2 sets of the SA-50s

All input is gratefull.

[Edited by MrStabby on 16 June 2005 at 12:20pm]

Info on subs: http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/8-12W6_BDS.pdfhttp://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/8-12W6_BDS.pdf Loving the idea of parallel wiring for 1ohmage :p as monoblock will do 1200wRMS @ 1ohm

Hello mate,

Where can you get the SA50s for 50 quid, these are what I want to get but havent seen them as cheap as that!!

Cheers mate,

Mike.

Megane R26

Guys, it was an auction that finished without any bidders so I made an offer. Cheapest is £62 on the net somewhere