ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ice

Fiesta Zetec S
Hello everyone ive looked up these components and i was wondering if anyone could adivse me any alterations and any aditional components needed Im looking for sound quality

Alpine CDA-9853R
Alpine SPS-13C2 x2
Pioneer tws30004SPL
Alpine MRD-M605 amp
and a MRP-F250 for the speakers up front :approve:

Fiesta Zetec S
ok well no one thinks i could get better parts for my money i have few questions

1) how do i calculate the minimum size box i need (making from fibreglass)

2)What would be the best wiring kit for this ?

3) do i need to upgrade my Altinator / use a powercap on my MK2 1.2 16v

4) will the alpine remote work outside of the car ?

Fiesta Zetec S
May some one tell my what is wrong with my post as people seam not to want to either answer or even try to answer my questions, Im quite disapointed with this forum as the responce from fellow members seams slow :dapprove:

Sorry if i sound rude im just used to having a reply within 3 days ! :boring:

ur megane r26
hey dude, i no what ya mean , i have posted on here b4 and no one has answered, i no this reply is useless coz i aint got a clue just felt sorry for ya lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
RELAX :clown:

I'm not 100% on the techinchal stuf on ICE, but I have researched for long enough and asked enough questions before buying my own setup to answer your questions :)

There SHOULD be sub-box size guidlines with your sub, assuming that you have the manual etc.

There is a sub-box size calculator on the Rockford Fosgate website,might give you a few ideas too

The smaller the volume (air inside) of the box the tighter your bass will be.
Smaller volumes for dancey music and bigger for the likes of R&B

2 & 3
Get yourself a "powerstation kit" - made by Streetwires (has everything you need including battery connections)
Go for the lowest /AWG kit you can afford (more power)

Which Alpine remote is it ?

Trev

"Navy" N17 TWO
JL Audio over Alpine ?

I wouldn't, but its all down to individual taste at the end of the day

I have an alpine dvd unit & digital processor running a full focal setup (not even finished yet) - can't put words to tell how much I like it :star:

Megane 225 Cup
What you have gone for sounds like solid stuff.. end of the alpine are s**t hot.

Any wireing kit which is rated to the power you will be running will be fine.

Your remote should work outside the car.. mine does on my pioneer.

As in regards to the box size dont have a clue.. mine was pre-boxed. Although bear in mind that if the enclosure you put the sub in is ported it doesnt really matter anyway.

VW Passat 170 sport
Alpine for Headunits

JL for Amps, Subs, 6x9s, Components!

JL give Serious Bass, But as Trigger says depends what your after and your price range

Fiesta Zetec S
ill stick to what ive got the reason i need to calculate how big the box needs to be is because i want to give fibreglassing a go :)

the recormendations from the pioneer site are 25-50 L
my problem is just woking out the shape of the box and all this stuff wont be in the car till cristmass (allong with ps2 and 3 screens)
i will be playing R&B,Rap,Dance,Drum and bass and also is there any cheep form of digital storadge i could hook up to this player?~

also i forgot to mention the powerstation kit - made by Streetwires says for 2 amps dont i need another set of wiring for my speakers up front ?

Thanks you guys

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Alpine for Headunits

JL for Amps, Subs, 6x9s, Components!

JL give Serious Bass, But as Trigger says depends what your after and your price range

If you want serious bass, Id look at DD, PBX, XXX etc etc NOT JL. But then again by serious bass i mean this:

http://www.ifhya.net/talkaudio/users/sam/albums/album58/MattClio.mpg

The sub you are looking at is a dual 4 ohm, so it can be wired to show a 2 ohm load. IT can handle 1000wrmsM, So I would look for an amp that outs out 1000wrms @ 2 ohm, For example the Alpine M1005.

Fiesta Zetec S
advice taken :)

also the powerstation kit - made by Streetwires says for 2 amps dont i need another set of wiring for my speakers up front ?

Thanks you guys

"Navy" N17 TWO
advice taken :)

also the powerstation kit - made by Streetwires says for 2 amps dont i need another set of wiring for my speakers up front ?

Thanks you guys

I'm 90% sure that you just need a distribution block to split the power & earth cables for adding more amps

I will find out as I have to ask about my own on Monday

Fiesta Zetec S
okay thank's tigger your reply's have been informative and chears for letting us know if u can, monday onwards :)

Thanks
Redclio

Clio 172 Exclusive
Its ok when running 2 amps to split the power through a connection block but dont forget you will need to make sure that the cable from the battery to block is man enough to take the power for 2 amps I would suggest 4 gauge and also you will need to fuse each amp induvidually you can also do the same with earth running each amp back to a connection block and 1 cable to an earthing point
Flatto